Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm struggling to get the "My commute" feature to work - is anyone using it? I tick the box and go through the set up process but it doesn't seem to have any impact. I am using it in conjunction with a destination - is that maybe where I'm going wrong? Is the feature designed to be used stand alone without setting a destination? The manual is vague (as it is in a few areas..).
All help appreciated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Have you set up a profile? If not this feature cannot work (not that I use it for my sub 2 mile run!) but a lot of nav features need this set up apparently!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, yes I have a profile set up, but whether it is set up correctly is another matter! It's worth investigating though, thank you for the suggestion. I have a 35 mile commute each way, with many different route options so it's something that should be very worthwhile if I can get it to work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
"My commute" works well for me (50 mile commute each way), although I really struggled getting the "share my ETA" working. I do now, two things. 1) use +447XXXX number format, and 2) check that your "data" is connected and that you're logged in. I get kicked off from time to time....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
bucksjag said:
Hi,
I'm struggling to get the "My commute" feature to work - is anyone using it? I tick the box and go through the set up process but it doesn't seem to have any impact. I am using it in conjunction with a destination - is that maybe where I'm going wrong? Is the feature designed to be used stand alone without setting a destination? The manual is vague (as it is in a few areas..).
All help appreciated!
Hi - Yes, don't use a destination at the same time - let the car work out your commutes, then it will pop up automatically when you climb into your car, wearily at 6am.....

other tip, I am trying to become accustomed to the fact that the sat nav has a pedantic approach to whether you have "reached your destination" so I often have to wait for the sat nav to boot up, and then "stop guidance" on last night's route, before we start the process again...
:x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Tall9988 said:
I do now, two things. 1) use +447XXXX number format, and 2) check that your "data" is connected and that you're logged in. I get kicked off from time to time....
That's one of the ICTPro issues I have , randomly it just turns data off... Grrrr!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Tall9988 said:
"My commute" works well for me (50 mile commute each way), although I really struggled getting the "share my ETA" working. I do now, two things. 1) use +447XXXX number format, and 2) check that your "data" is connected and that you're logged in. I get kicked off from time to time....
Any way of sharing the ETA with a contact? It's a real pain to have to type a full SMS number in .. but I can't find any way of sending to an address book entry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JLRnumber5,
yes, you can set up a contact on the "share" page - you just have to set it up once for each contact you may want to send an ETA to (unfortunately it doesn't seem to use contacts from your phone address book). Once it is set up though it does work well, although my wife was getting somewhat p***ed off during the testing phase ;-).

Tall9988,
thanks for confirmation on not using a destination in conjunction - I suspect that is what the problem is. I'll try it on the way home tonight without setting a destination and see what happens over the next couple of days.

thanks for the assistance :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
bucksjag said:
JLRnumber5,
yes, you can set up a contact on the "share" page - you just have to set it up once for each contact you may want to send an ETA to (unfortunately it doesn't seem to use contacts from your phone address book). Once it is set up though it does work well, although my wife was getting somewhat p***ed off during the testing phase ;-).
Cool thanks :)
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top