Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an issue with the In Control App.

All was good but today I looked and it now states my car is alarmed but a window is open.

Went to the car all windows are fully closed.

So I opened and closed the windows, restarted the app and it still states window open.

So I closed the app, started the car, opened the windows fully, then closed them, turned off the car, restarted the app and it still states window open.

Now its been fine until today.

Anyone else had funny issues with this app.

Liked the idea I could tell my car was locked and safe when I am not in eye distance of the car but now it will make me second guess if the window is left open.

·
Registered
688 Posts
It would have been even more worrying if you had the fixed pano :lol:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yep mine says unlocked when locked, no longer starts the car to from my phone and doesn't send routes to the nav that I have setup in advance,all working fine before they put the last ITCP upgrade on :roll:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
The Gman said:
Yep mine says unlocked when locked, no longer starts the car to from my phone and doesn't send routes to the nav that I have setup in advance,all working fine before they put the last ITCP upgrade on :roll:
Yup mine wouldn't remote start today (was only trying it to show off!) eventually did on third attempt.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK thanks, was wondering as it was all working perfectly, I know its a nice add on but its another thing not working correctly on the JLR hit list.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Wondering how to use this properly as I thought I could close Windows from it.

Status is perfect - shows locked, alarmed window open etc - sometimes takes a few seconds to update send command.
So I can unlock and lock.
It shows window open but if I click it nothing - should that then close the window ?

Remote start it said I had to set sleep timer which I've done and not yet tried as was trying to sort my windows remotely out of principle - eventually went to car started engine and did it manually lol

What's the idea behind the journeys thing ? Keeps a record of your journeys - any real use for that I'm missing ?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mbadger77 said:
What's the idea behind the journeys thing ? Keeps a record of your journeys - any real use for that I'm missing ?

Thanks
If you use the car for work you can track your mileage ;)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Don't forget the sleep / wake-up timer isn't a time clock to pre-start your car, it is because the system goes into hibernation if you park for a long time (say going on holiday) so the timer is to wake up the remote services, so you could then remote start your car when you land etc...

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Mbadger77 said:

Thanks
If you use the car for work you can track your mileage ;)
Can you select when it's a business trip and when not ? I use my own car for my business and just make a note

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
no, but you can download them from the web site as CSV files and dump them into Excel and do it all there, really easy. I work with data as my day job, so this is quite "fun" but a little sad, (Well almost like talking about mud flaps! ) :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Its great for keeping track on where the cars been especially when the wife says shes only done a couple of miles and you have no diesel left, lol. Also mines been in garage for the last two weeks just spotted this afternoon it had done a journey of 9 miles to middle of nowhere when questioned they told me it had been moved to the body shop to get the bonnet re aligned.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Also would have been very handy to resolve the missing 1/4 tank of fuel when valet parking at the airport. Turned out the car hadn't actually gone anywhere but people were sleeping in it with the engine running as it was cold!

·
Registered
363 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Also would have been very handy to resolve the missing 1/4 tank of fuel when valet parking at the airport. Turned out the car hadn't actually gone anywhere but people were sleeping in it with the engine running as it was cold!
Your joking....... right?

·
Registered
453 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Oh marvellous cant trust the Valet parkers eh

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
jonty1625 said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Your joking....... right?
Nope.
Oh my god, which company?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.