Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this in Headley yesterday pm....

First one I've seen with IRR and Jet/Taurus... Chrome (inc pano)

Tasteful combination, if I don't say so myself.... Just missing the 22" Healix or would've swapped it for the Smart car I was in... :lol:

WP_20160908_15_53_54_Pro.jpg

WP_20160908_15_52_38_Pro.jpg

Is there a reward?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
IMHO: wrong wheels and the decision to choose the option of chrome window strip and chrome roof rails is a mistake - it's too much.

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Arianne said:
IMHO: wrong wheels and the decision to choose the option of chrome window strip and chrome roof rails is a mistake - it's too much.

Arianne
Actually having ordered said makeup, I was quite relieved... The photos don't do it justice... Not everyone can order black packs as JLR have run out of shiny black plastic.... :)

But as for the wheels...... Made it look like a Tonka....

Wheels maketh the car.... Or not in this case...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
corriescar66 said:
Arianne said:
IMHO: wrong wheels and the decision to choose the option of chrome window strip and chrome roof rails is a mistake - it's too much.

Arianne
Actually having ordered said makeup, I was quite relieved... The photos don't do it justice... Not everyone can order black packs as JLR have run out of shiny black plastic.... :)

But as for the wheels...... Made it look like a Tonka....

Wheels maketh the car.... Or not in this case...
Maybe a misunderstanding? I too have an IRR on order without the black pack. But the windows don't have chrome surrounds unless you specify them as an option @ £205 and the satin chrome roof rails £310. Personally, I think that the IRR V6 S looks good without the black pack but not if these extra shiny options are selected. Just too much.

I agree with you about the wheels. I have swithered back & forth on whether to select the satin & black 22" turbines or the silver & black double helix. I initially preferred the latter but have settled, for now, on the turbines. The problem with the double helix is the black plastic inserts - I am unsure about plastic in this area of the car, issues to do with using brake dust cleaner occasionally and scuffing, fade under UV light etc. The turbines don't look that much more resilient but at least they are not so fussy as to have plastic inserts. Having said that, next week I will probably change my mind!

Regards,

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess, as has been said on many posts, if we all liked the same thing it would be a very boring world! I think it works either way, but my preference is for the bling option! You won't like the other bits of bling I intend to fit then! :lol:

I understand your comments about the wheels, but having just parted with a set of diamond turned alloys on a RRS, I would only get another set if I had an additional winter set as they don't survive salty, winter roads very well. Other than black my choice was limited so I went with the Healix, plastic inserts 'n all! (ignoring chrome turbines of course!)

The 'Templar' style is quite nice & 'clean', but doesn't (in MHO) work on the F Pace and certainly not in 20"...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
corriescar66 said:
I understand your comments about the wheels, but having just parted with a set of diamond turned alloys on a RRS, I would only get another set if I had an additional winter set as they don't survive salty, winter roads very well. Other than black my choice was limited so I went with the Healix, plastic inserts 'n all! (ignoring chrome turbines of course!)

The 'Templar' style is quite nice & 'clean', but doesn't (in MHO) work on the F Pace and certainly not in 20"...
Bling is fine on an F-Pace. I think there are three settings on this car:

1. Bling
2. Mean, black drug dealer style
3. Original and traditional Jaguar owner

As you say, each of us will have a different view on what category we specify our car, and that's the spice of life!

Aagh, the wheels though. You are so right about the diamond cut turbines and the threat of 'white-worm' because of salty winter water. Hmm. What a dilemma. I currently have two sets of rims for winter and summer tyres. But it occurs to me that my expensive, larger diamond cut rims spend 5mths of the year warm and dry on the rack inside my garage while my smaller, winter rims make the car look distinctly average. That combination cost me an extra £1,100 for the winter set. There's no way I am spending £2k+ for a second set of Jaguar winter rims.

I shall have to think about it more carefully. I have time before lockdown.

Best wishes.

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Arianne said:
Bling is fine on an F-Pace. I think there are three settings on this car:

1. Bling
2. Mean, black drug dealer style
3. Original and traditional Jaguar owner

As you say, each of us will have a different view on what category we specify our car, and that's the spice of life!

Aagh, the wheels though. You are so right about the diamond cut turbines and the threat of 'white-worm' because of salty winter water. Hmm. What a dilemma. I currently have two sets of rims for winter and summer tyres. But it occurs to me that my expensive, larger diamond cut rims spend 5mths of the year warm and dry on the rack inside my garage while my smaller, winter rims make the car look distinctly average. That combination cost me an extra £1,100 for the winter set. There's no way I am spending £2k+ for a second set of Jaguar winter rims.

I shall have to think about it more carefully. I have time before lockdown.

Best wishes.

Arianne
Hi Arianne,

You hit the nail squarely on the head.... The dilema:

1. The cost of having to buy a second, more durable set for the winter (or allowing for wheel refurb every 2 years)

2. Is the winter set 20" to keep costs down? Which means for the winter months the style is compromised... The only ones I like are the Venoms, but they are also Diamond turned....

Aftermarket possibly, but for the moment the 22" Healix are a good compromise (and for me significantly different to the 'similar' Evoque ones) which do look great, and with a 80mm side wall, give a remarkably smooth ride.

Mine is due to be built in just over a week so I'm happy enough with my choice but maybe you'll be lucky and they add a new style 22" before your lock down date!

Regards

(ps - I definitely fall into category 1!!! :lol: )
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top