1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a update the other day but no Apple CarPlay as yet for me
Anyone got it yet ?
whats the delay ?
I can’t log in either so dealer said if you can’t log in then they need Jaguar to link to my car to sort this issue booked in just after Xmas

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi zarakoff,
Apple CarPlay downloaded for me a couple of days ago. All appears to be working well with it at the moment.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi zarakoff,
Apple CarPlay downloaded for me a couple of days ago. All appears to be working well with it at the moment.
lucky you is it going on delivery order . I have a download on the system registered 13th November and it did another update a few days ago . I got excited thinking this is it lol but this ones not even registered still says last update 13th November

·
Registered
86 Posts
Some downloads are "internal" software updates to modules, not necessarily infotainment related.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is the sound quality the same as wired? I would expect some quality loss using Bluetooth?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Steve L
I’m not a technophobe but to be honest I can’t notice any difference in sound quality. The only “ issue” I’ve found is that connecting by CarPlay disables the Bluetooth from the phone to the pivi system itself. The phone says it cannot connect whilst connected to CarPlay. Everything works fine apart from any pivi options you might want to use involving the phone ( I.e. sending an eta from the nav system - it needs a phone connection.
Other than that it’s good

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Steve L
I’m not a technophobe but to be honest I can’t notice any difference in sound quality. The only “ issue” I’ve found is that connecting by CarPlay disables the Bluetooth from the phone to the pivi system itself. The phone says it cannot connect whilst connected to CarPlay. Everything works fine apart from any pivi options you might want to use involving the phone ( I.e. sending an eta from the nav system - it needs a phone connection.
Other than that it’s good
Thanks @Jagmhev, disabling BT for phone to Pivi/ICTP with CarPlay is standard on wired, so I guess same on wireless, as CarPlay effectively becomes the master media interface, otherwise confusion would reign.

·
Registered
86 Posts
2.1.7 downloaded this evening, hoping 3.0 ready tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts