Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have ordered the Jaguar tracker on my order for Diesel S as it is less expensive than the Landrover tracker fitted to my current vehicle
Rangerover sport 2013 l494 model. Deposit placed away back in April 2015 for the Fpace still awaiting delivery and deeply disappointed
in the way Jaguar has handled the order process it has completely spoiled the pleasure of purchasing a new vehicle .Having spent 43 years in the
Motor Industry I feel really sorry for our Jaguar Dealer who takes all the complaints from their customers through no fault on their part. It remains to be seen if this Jaguar is as good and reliable as my current vehicle

·
Registered
64 Posts
You don't need a tracker.....the app on the smart phone tells you where the car is and where it's been!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
As long as you have phone reception the cars built in system works just as good as a GPS tracker. If you have a GPS system fitted it works everywhere in open spaces as long as 3 satellites can pick it up, but if you drive it in to a container or say a structure the GPS signal cant penetrate it doesnt work.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly phone reception ...no good out here in the sticks .....
Also why do jaguar do Incontrol secure and in control protect ....obviously the built in one is not so good

·
Registered
458 Posts
also not much good when the guy who nicked your car disconnects the battery.
The police will also not track and trace against that type of signal - they will need direction from an alarm receiving centre who have activated a dedicated tracking unit.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Pos.k said:
also not much good when the guy who nicked your car disconnects the battery.
The police will also not track and trace against that type of signal - they will need direction from an alarm receiving centre who have activated a dedicated tracking unit.
Certified tracking systems are monitored by similar Alarm receiving stations to those offered to businesses and domestics using GPS and VHF signals supported by police forces they also have battery back up that can last up to 5 years see link below

http://www.tracker.co.uk/for-your-vehicle/car-tracking/

·
Registered
458 Posts
The day to day phone app is essentially a gadget - a toy if you like - and is (will be) nice to have.
A secure tracking facility secreted / secured within a vehicle and powered independently with backup and triggered on command by the alarm receiveing centre is a different beast entirely. The tracking in the app is like the find friends on your iphone so you can see general location when both parties are in a signal area - GSM or sometimes wifi depending on the service provider.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I imagine cause that unit has its own battery back up...it senses if the car is being moved without starting ....is tracked 24/7 etc....if some steals it with keys in ..you can alert control centre the car is stolen with extra button on yr phone app :shock:

·
Registered
17 Posts
InControl Secure is entirely different to the InControl phone App - InControl Secure is a Thatcham Cat 6 approved tracking system much like the system described by pos.k above!

This feature can only be factory fitted, however.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's the stupid part ....it should have been fitted to all cars ....and activated if you wanted it. They sang it's praises .. Then .they sold the FE without the option ...and now you can't retro fit .....dull or what?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well from a consumer perspective I can understand that fitting it to all vehicles with a retailer activation at the customers request would of been logical.. What I assume the manufacturer has looked at is the uptake of trackers in general .. Which from a position of experience is still relatively minimal, versus the cost implications of the slightly more expensive wiring harness being fitted to all vehicles for relatively no return.

I can also understand the FE comment, however that car wasn't sold or marketed as a 'this will have every option' product.. It was marketed and sold as a 'get as close as possible to the CX-17 concept vehicle' product.

just trying to see things from both perspectives, that's all :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Admiral insurance don't give any discount for a tracker.... which really makes me wonder what use they are, but I still think I might have one fitted... am I mad?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I suppose that if your desired insurer isn't offering any reduction in premium for the fitment of a tracker, then it all comes down to your answer to the following question... If your vehicle had been stolen... Would you want it back after its located? Given most people's motives when stealing cars these days is to either export them, strip them for parts or just generally abuse them for a short period!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.