Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My F pace 20d MY17 has an engine failure around mid November 2021. It has been at the dealer for more than a month now as they said we have to wait for the new engine and parts up to 10 weeks. So I guess I have no car up until end of Feb 22 at least.

So if anybody who has their engine replaced and continue to use it. Does any problem occur? How long have you had the car for after replacement? Are you still confident to keep the car for long term?

Cheers
Tee

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi All,

My F pace 20d MY17 has an engine failure around mid November 2021. It has been at the dealer for more than a month now as they said we have to wait for the new engine and parts up to 10 weeks. So I guess I have no car up until end of Feb 22 at least.

So if anybody who has their engine replaced and continue to use it. Does any problem occur? How long have you had the car for after replacement? Are you still confident to keep the car for long term?

Cheers
Tee
Do you know what caused the engine to fail? Did it run low on oil?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know what caused the engine to fail? Did it run low on oil?
This is the reply from service manager

Unfortunately, the vehicle will require a new engine. We had found the oil level very low and a loud metallic knocking noise when we first inspected the vehicle. We performed a variety of other tests including wet + dry compression tests and a leak down test and confirmed cylinder #1 seems to have excessive blow by.

Basically the car was normal but next day it lost power on acceleration, no signs or noise , and engine light was on. Fortunately (big sign), Jag Aus agreed to cover all replacement cost, including a new engine. But I'm not confident to keep it because if it happens again, the cost is huge

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
Ask them how long the warranty will be on the replacement engine and see if the time period is enough for your time of keeping the car, if it does not suit your time period then you will have to make the choice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ask them how long the warranty will be on the replacement engine and see if the time period is enough for your time of keeping the car, if it does not suit your time period then you will have to make the choice.
Already asked the manager no warranty with the new engine due to I don't pay for it. No loan car to me neither even I sent requested emails several times to Jag Australia.

·
Registered
753 Posts
As they have agreed to replace engine, just check everything else works properly on return then carry on as normal. Do you get a 5 yr warranty in Aus?, if not get an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, just 5 years thus mine has already expired for over 2 years. Further research on the forums, people suggest to service the engine e.g. oil & filter change, every year to prolong its life as opposed to Jag manual of every 2 yrs or 34,000km. So all adds up with more frequent service and cost and ongoing reliability issue that's why I want to know from other experience. Anybody can share?

I need to do a bit of research on aftermarket warranty.

Ps. Car was serviced at Jag dealer in late July 2021 and driven approx 5000km before engine was dead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry correct above. It was 3 years factory warranty. I will definitely check and test run but I don't want another jackpot in the next 5 years.

Cheers

·
Registered
753 Posts
Although it is “up to” 2 yrs service interval most cars will ask for a service much earlier, if a lot of short journeys and low milage are done that may be only 6000 miles. In addition fuel dilution occurs due to incomplete DPF regeneration occurs, leading Jaguar not to recommend diesel if a lot of short journeys are anticipated

·
Registered
349 Posts
Any white smoke at all coming out the back or rattling from engine bay? My turbo just failed and shredded my engine and DPF filter, all 3 need replacing could this be the same?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No smoke just lost power when accelerating and engine light showed up. The mechanic said they heard rattling noise from engine. Nonetheless not my problem now, sold it (after 4 months of waiting a new engine) since February and got a Tesla. Couldn't be happier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts