Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

After checking all the engines available right now for the F-Pace I miss a 2.0 L petrol engine...

And on the other hand I have get negative feedback on the issues regarding diesel particle filter.

Do you know if Jaguar has plans to realese a 2.0 L petrol version for the F-Pace ?

Anybody know how often the enginium diesel engine doing urban cycle from monday to friday an mountain roads during weekend will show the message to do a diesel particle filter regeneration ? , or maybe will have enough time to do it ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Salva

·
Administrator
199 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if further down the line the range of engines offered increased. Certainly I hear plans of a bigger petrol engine but not heard anything about a smaller petrol engine just yet.

How many miles do you do a year? To do a proper regen of the DPF cars usually need a solid 40 minute run at 60mph+ although I've not seen the full details for the F-Pace yet.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

I think I do around 8000 miles/year
During the week urban
During weekeng routes from 30 to 60 or 90 minutes ( mostly mountains )

I have read about ingenium diesel in this web page from land rover :
http://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/euro-6-emissions-standards.html

****It states this :

How will I know if DEF levels are low?

The distance until the next DEF refill can be viewed at any time in the message centre on the dashboard.

Additionally, if low levels of DEF are detected in the tank, you will be given several warnings. The first alert is shown 1,500 miles before the tank is empty, followed by a second when 930 miles are remaining. A third warning indicates when 515 miles are left and also warns that the DEF tank needs re-filling or the vehicle will not be able re-start when the distance countdown reaches 0. The final warning indicates when only 100 miles remain.

When the countdown reaches 0 miles, the vehicle will be prevented from re-starting after the next engine switch-off; this is to ensure the vehicles fully complies with the Euro 6 legislation. The engine will only start again when the DEF tank is re-filled.

I drive in an urban environment. Is this a problem with a diesel?

Driving in an urban environment is not a cause for concern. Unlike a normal filter, which requires periodic replacement, the DPF has been designed to regenerate, or clean itself, to maintain operating efficiency. This regeneration process takes place automatically while the vehicle is being driven. In some instances e.g. if the majority of your journeys are short or consist of slow speeds the system may not meet the required temperature to allow the DPF to regenerate. In this instance a yellow light will be lit on the driver's instrument panel. If this occurs, a 20-minute drive at a constant minimum speed of 45mph will ensure the system regenerates.

·
Registered
32 Posts
DPF and DEF are two different systems.

DPF captures soot, and eventually burns it off (assuming you drive fast enough for long enough).
DEF is diluted pig piss that's sprayed into the exhaust to limit NOx gasses.

DEF just works, in theory, but you do need to keep it topped up.
DPF, as far as I know is pure evil and cause diesels to fart and cough on motorways instead of billowing soot in urban environments.Well, maybe not exactly that :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts