Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I am a little late with the whole F-Pace excitement and I have no order placed, yet :eek: .

I have spoken with a few 'dealers' who have given me conflicting lead times, some say 6 months, some 9, one even told me I'd have one by July if I ordered now.

If we get into the land of realism, what is realistic?

Or another way, people who placed orders in Feb / Mar 2016 who have dates, what have they been given as?

Knowing my luck, I'll order one and I'll get it Mid Aug or even at the other end, late Feb 17, just in time for plate changes the following month.

Is it right that the slots are based on country too. So if I order in France, my date might be sooner?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yan,

From the 'just tell us the delivery dates' thread I posted around 2 weeks ago:

From my JLR source.

No UK cars have allocated slots and are still all in the holding pool. They can see my actual order number on the system as sitting in this pool.

The feel is that UK cars (other than perhaps FE and showroom models which may be sooner) will start to be pulled off in May to address the waiting list of orders but this is not a formal statement. Then it's where you are in the list vs your dealer allocation...

I'm doing the Solihull factory tour next Tuesday so will be asking some very direct questions :eek:

So in answer to your question I personally think July to October depending on your spec and dealer F PACE build allocation...

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yeah it greatly depends on your dealer's allocation as to whether they could get you are car by a certain date, so a dealer has used up all of this year's allocation then for them any potential sales will fall into the next year's allocation meaning approximately a 9 month wait from right now or if they can do a swap with another dealer which does happen from time to time.

I'd love to know just how many cars Jaguar have allocated to the UK market this year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting. The dealers could have explained this. Thankfully forums like this exist to point out the obvious, that they have slots and once they are gone, your wait goes up.

So... I will be having an active day on the phone tomorrow I think.

As for spec and model, I am going plain and basic. I change every 18 months and I have no desire to buy the next owner all of the extras to recoup just 20-25% back at best on extra spend.

For me - 2.0 AWD R-Sport in a 'free' colour, maybe privacy glass and some other small extras at most.

I'll be interested to read your answers to your tough factory tour questions too.

Thanks both for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts