Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all forum members. Currently I drive a Freelander2 SD4 HSE auto. This vehicle has been very reliable I am pleased to say. Its given no issues and has done 40.9 mpg average over 37000+. Naturally I have been giving serious consideration of purchasing a new Discovery Sport. However I cannot get what I want. I don't need 7 seats but I do want the 180BHP 2.0l diesel engine and auto box. I also want a full size spare wheel. These combinations are unavaialable in the UK. Then there is the serious issue of fuel tank size, only 54.5 litres give or take a few dribbles giving a ridiculously limited range. Current Hydrogen powered cars can go further on a tank full. The low range is also due to new owners being unable to achieve anything near Land Rovers claimed mpg and are typically getting 34-36 mpg. This is well below the industry average of 85%. The change in fuel tank capacity has been made to accommodate the Ad-blue NOX busting fluid (urea) reservoir. In addition to all this is the apparent ongoing production faults and recalls that have required re engineering of body welds (supposedly fixed) and wiring harness changes. So perhaps this vehicle is not for me after all.
The F-Pace looks to match my vehicle credentials that I desire. 4x4, through load option in the 40:20:40 middle rear seat, 5 seats with leather upholstery, 18" wheels so my new winter tyres can be fitted. Specifications for the fuel tank say 60 litres, why can't the 3.0 diesel tank be fitted with 65 litres as standard? Hopefully real mpg should be better than the Discovery Sport in that it should be lighter as its made of aluminium. Hopefully the Jag 4X4 set up has appropriate settings for snow/ice and will have hill descent control too....must read up on that as its been very useful on the Freelander2 on very steep snow covered roads. (edit: has no hill descent control and snow chains are fitted on rear wheels as oppossed to the Freelander front wheels)
I don't want to head towards the BMW X3, on my last test drive a few years ago, I found it a very fidgety drive at around the 45-65 mph on the rural roads round here.
Interesting to read on this forum, some dealers are asking for a refundable deposit of £500 subject to a test drive. So the question is to jump or not to jump?

·
Administrator
199 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Well Jaguar do pitch the F-Pace as an alternative to the Land Rovers so I guess it would make sense if the Sport is not to your taste the F-Pace might be. Too early to tell about niggles but unfortunately I think its common on all brand new cars initially, everything should get fixed it's just depends how much of an inconvenience it might be....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.