Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having found this forum I have been reading it with interest, as it answers many of the questions I have been pondering.

A brief history. We had an F Type R, a really fabulous car, and one I would have preferred to keep. Needs must though, and we really needed a practical car for transporting our grandchild, so we opted for an RR Sport.

We tried two local dealers who were appalling in their service and began to ponder the F Pace. After some research we decided we could wait for the F Pace if we, in the meantime went into something we could still use for our grandson.

I decided that, why not do something a little off the wall and traded in for a low mileage year old XJR L. Talk about chalk from cheese. The dealer advised (rightly or wrongly) that the depreciation on the F Type would have been around £1,000 per month as opposed to the XJR at £400 per month.

So a deposit went onto the FE and that's where we are now.

I have to say we adore the XJ even though its huge, but luckily, no snow or ice has meant t has been used every day.

Now to the FE. We went to the Solihull "reveal", which I thought did the car no justice, unveiling the colour under blue led's which made it quite garish. Having now seen it under normal lighting, that niggle has been answered.

We are, however miffed at the lack of opportunity to add to the spec. We would have preferred the opening panoramic roof, and also blind spot mirrors.

We are also miffed at the lack of any info coming from our dealer. All I got was an introductory video from him re himself, and little concerning the car.

An update during the 9 months since we ordered would have been nice, even if no definitive information.

This site has proved far more informative, so thanks to the contributors

Well not long to wait now it appears, so I will be reading these pages with anticipation.

Cheers

·
Registered
381 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I read your post with interest. I have recently cancelled full-size spare (in favour of space saver) and gesture tailgate. Now, I find myself pondering if I should spec blind spot or walk happily away with my £400 saving as planned.

You've specially mentioned you would spec them if you could. Can you persuade me please?!

I have them on my Evoque and cannot decide if I actually use them sub-consciously and they are worth every penny or are something I won't miss?!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PaulC said:
Welcome to the forum.

I read your post with interest. I have recently cancelled full-size spare (in favour of space saver) and gesture tailgate. Now, I find myself pondering if I should spec blind spot or walk happily away with my £400 saving as planned.

You've specially mentioned you would spec them if you could. Can you persuade me please?!

I have them on my Evoque and cannot decide if I actually use them sub-consciously and they are worth every penny or are something I won't miss?!
Hi Paul.

I guess having had the blind spot on my last few cars you get used to using it as a back up. Not something to rely on completely but it has alerted me to vehicles alongside that were entirely out of peripheral vision. My gripe is that I can't even spec them. I can understand that they didn't want to add all the bells and whistles to keep the already high price from getting out of hand, but it seems a mistake to me that you cannot even upgrade if you want to.

Same with the engine, I may be in the minority but I would have preferred the petrol.

I know I could have specced a different model to exactly what I wanted, but on doing this I arrived at not far short of £20,000 on extras. My dealer advised that barely 25% of this would be retrieved on resale. His theory is that the FE being a high spec as standard should have a better residual value in the future. Who knows? Only time will tell.

·
Registered
154 Posts
merlinmax said:
PaulC said:
Welcome to the forum.

Hi Paul.

I guess having had the blind spot on my last few cars you get used to using it as a back up. Not something to rely on completely but it has alerted me to vehicles alongside that were entirely out of peripheral vision. My gripe is that I can't even spec them. I can understand that they didn't want to add all the bells and whistles to keep the already high price from getting out of hand, but it seems a mistake to me that you cannot even upgrade if you want to.

Same with the engine, I may be in the minority but I would have preferred the petrol.

I know I could have specced a different model to exactly what I wanted, but on doing this I arrived at not far short of £20,000 on extras. My dealer advised that barely 25% of this would be retrieved on resale. His theory is that the FE being a high spec as standard should have a better residual value in the future. Who knows? Only time will tell.
I agree Jaguar made a mistake not allowing the FE to have customer options fitted. I would have liked the heated steering wheel and the extra adjustment on the seats. I have blind spot monitor on my current Audi and I would have not added it to the FE given the choice. I also have self parking which I have never used and don't expect to use in the F-Pace either, self parking should be that self parking not brake, select reverse, stop, select drive, stop etc..... if you are going to do self parking do it like tesla not some half way house. I would have also liked some kind of numbering on the FE, if they extend that exclusive paint job across the range in a year or two we basically have a 'S' with windsor leather. On the plus side options hold very little value on the used market so buying a FE should see higher residual value than a fully loaded 'S'' model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts