Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Jaguar,

Can i ask when we can expect to see the updates to the Jaguar remote apps like our Iphone friends have had many months ago, it is disappointing that updates are not rolled out at the same time for all devices but i do appreciate this is not always possible but it has now been many months.

Thank you.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Dear Jaguar,

Can i ask when we can expect to see the updates to the Jaguar remote apps like our Iphone friends have had many months ago, it is disappointing that updates are not rolled out at the same time for all devices but i do appreciate this is not always possible but it has now been many months.

Thank you.
Sorry to say, I reckon we'll get Apple CarPlay before the Android Apps!

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AshleyR said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Dear Jaguar,

Thank you.
Sorry to say, I reckon we'll get Apple CarPlay before the Android Apps!
Would be very disappointing as they have not updated the Jaguar Remote App or added Spoitfy to the Android system, to hear they would bring out another Apple app would disappoint a lot of Android users for sure, me being one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is the reply I got when I asked the same question :-

As the Android operating system is available on multiple devices by multiple manufacturers, for instance HTC, Samsung, Sony etc. each phone manufacturer has customised versions of each operating system, although often minor, can cause a delay in updating our software as we need to make sure any changes made will not cause an error in either in InControl software or Android software. Unfortunately we do not get any prior notification of when a Android update their system and so have to react once an update has been released.

The above also allies to Apple products, however has they only have different generations of the same handset it is easier and quicker to release updates.

Please be assured that our InControl Development Team are working to get all software and apps up to date.

Once again, thank you for contacting Jaguar.

Yours sincerely

James Brough
Digital Case Manager
UK Customer Relationship Centre

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
That'll be a No then :shock:
It was a headline grabber "Spotify -a jaguar app "
Imagine it's almost like the small print saying "ammonite drivers not included" :shock:
They should of gave a free iPhone with each car :eek:
Then I wouldn't of bought one :shock: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What amazes me is the lack of response from Jaguar, it's like when we have something sorted we sing from the hills, when something does not work or we have not sorted it let's buy a big bucket and burry our heads in the sand.

Really disappointing from a so called large manufacture the lack of response.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Jag are correct though .... development of software on fixed hardware and operating system is a lot easier, then an open operating system of a mass of mix'n'match hardware.

Any PC gamer here will know about bad PS4/Xbone ports .... same thing with phones.

I know it's frustrating and people can't understand the time it takes ... think of it this way .... Apple employ 1,000's of in house testers, then release beta to the public that have signed up for it, for over a month ... then they release the patch and there are still bugs. All that testing doesn't even cover 1% of the people that update the OS on release day. You could test for a year and still only have the same hours as 1/3rd of the hours used on day 1 of official release - again this a fixed system with a lock OS.

Just playing devil's advocate here .... yes you are angry/annoyed but the reasons they give for the delay are genuine.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Waynem said:
Call of duty :shock: all versions released the same day :eek: :geek:
Fifa 16 all formats same day.

If EA ect can do it so can Jaguar or just do not release anything until all formats are sorted, Simples.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Waynem said:

If EA ect can do it so can Jaguar or just do not release anything until all formats are sorted, Simples.
Ok lets explore COD and FIFA (or games like these).

Both these games have very solid core engines - ie. the main programme. New COD games are generally a re-skin (they change the graphic's) with update maps and missions - however the missions generally use the same scripts. In addition COD gets a massive day one patch ... this is normally after it's been sent out externally to testers and publishers for playing. So basically on day one that you play you are getting a months worth of extra testing and bugs being patched. Still there are issues on day 1 ... but the majority of people don't go looking for bugs / exploits.

Also these games do not push the boundaries of the technology they are running on. They play it nice and safe, knowing that major problems on day 1 can cause negative feedback, and reduced sales.

With mobiles or pads (and the ICTP is more like an iPad) you need to conserve power, run optimal, not crash the system or you lose everything - phone, net, apps, etc.. and have limited memory / speeds to work within. Other companies like Ubisoft also try this ... but fail miserable and they are even more of a blatant clone of previous games (take Just Cause 3 and Far Cry 4 being an identical map!) So some companies can pull it off but normally it's rare, and normally they are using on older software that been updated to look new - almost like respraying a car and adding a sports body kit ... it looks new and different but underneath its still the same car.

Finally EA probably has billions tied up in it's core engines, and keep the running ... then churn the games out based on those 3-4 core engines. Jag probably has a few hundred thousands at best.

Point is ... I was using it an example some people could more easily relate too ...

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gdank said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Waynem said:

Ok lets explore COD and FIFA (or games like these).

Both these games have very solid core engines - ie. the main programme. New COD games are generally a re-skin (they change the graphic's) with update maps and missions - however the missions generally use the same scripts. In addition COD gets a massive day one patch ... this is normally after it's been sent out externally to testers and publishers for playing. So basically on day one that you play you are getting a months worth of extra testing and bugs being patched. Still there are issues on day 1 ... but the majority of people don't go looking for bugs / exploits.

Also these games do not push the boundaries of the technology they are running on. They play it nice and safe, knowing that major problems on day 1 can cause negative feedback, and reduced sales.

With mobiles or pads (and the ICTP is more like an iPad) you need to conserve power, run optimal, not crash the system or you lose everything - phone, net, apps, etc.. and have limited memory / speeds to work within. Other companies like Ubisoft also try this ... but fail miserable and they are even more of a blatant clone of previous games (take Just Cause 3 and Far Cry 4 being an identical map!) So some companies can pull it off but normally it's rare, and normally they are using on older software that been updated to look new - almost like respraying a car and adding a sports body kit ... it looks new and different but underneath its still the same car.

Finally EA probably has billions tied up in it's core engines, and keep the running ... then churn the games out based on those 3-4 core engines. Jag probably has a few hundred thousands at best.

Point is ... I was using it an example some people could more easily relate too ...
Talking from experience here, trust me the EA games cores and play-ability from beta core testing to release and then after release, these games have errors, system crashes but the difference is when its testers report issues they act on them, they are not perfect but they act on them and inform whats happening, the no response from Jaguar is more annoying then being told it will be released in a future date they set.

As for the mobile phones i would say an update to the already released apps is no different, as example on the Android app of Remote there are less feature then the updated Apple version yet the Android update is still not released, as you say its just an over spray so why the delay.

Its the silence thats not great.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Two weeks gone since post started, posted in the Jaguar Customer Serive section and not a single response from Jaguar.

They have been on the site also so that's not an excuse.

Very disappointing. :cry:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I must say this is all very bad news. One of the reasons I upgraded to the ICTP was to be sure of good integration with my phone (Google Pixel). I even switched from Apple Music to Spotify in order to take full advantage of the integration.

So my question is this. ITCP can download Apps, is there no way to download Spotify to it without using the phone, and then link it directly to my account (using the sim card I have just ordered) ?

Sorry I don't store music files on my phone anymore, I use streaming for 100% of new music and 75% of all my music (also have a Tidal Account). I find it unbelievable that the worlds must common phone operating system is not supported properly in what is supposed to be a sophisticated system.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Dukes said:
I must say this is all very bad news. One of the reasons I upgraded to the ICTP was to be sure of good integration with my phone (Google Pixel). I even switched from Apple Music to Spotify in order to take full advantage of the integration.

So my question is this. ITCP can download Apps, is there no way to download Spotify to it without using the phone, and then link it directly to my account (using the sim card I have just ordered) ?

Sorry I don't store music files on my phone anymore, I use streaming for 100% of new music and 75% of all my music (also have a Tidal Account). I find it unbelievable that the worlds must common phone operating system is not supported properly in what is supposed to be a sophisticated system.
Hi Dukes

No unfortunately not. The ICTP accesses the Apps stored on the phone. They are not downloaded to the ICTP itself. They remain on the phone.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks number5 ....looks like I may have to change phone then.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hold the phone ... can't you set up play lists on Spotify? You can then just play via Bluetooth connection.

Ok you can't swap on the fly ...l without stopping the car as looking T a phone and driving is illegal and dangerous.

It it will get patched in time.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Gdank said:
Hold the phone ... can't you set up play lists on Spotify? You can then just play via Bluetooth connection.

Ok you can't swap on the fly ...l without stopping the car as looking T a phone and driving is illegal and dangerous.

It it will get patched in time.
Yes you can. That works. Although I would plug the cable in and play over USB. Bluetooth for audio is horrible unless you are playing heavily compressed files.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts