Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..what the best value option is

Configurable Mood Lighting

Seriously, the best £200 ever spent on a car option, my car has it, and the demo I am borrowing doesn't, the difference is way more than just the ability to change colours, it really makes it a nice place to sit.

I know a lot of the options are expensive, but this cheap one makes the interior so special.

·
Registered
192 Posts
+1

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Its something I never even really thought about but at £200 should have as its dirts cheap.
So what does it do - This just changes the colours of those curved strip LED lights in the doors and what else ?
Dash and display etc ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Curved LED door lights in front & rear, lights around gear selector, door storage bins, centre console storage bins, around air vents & strip above glove box.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yes it is very nice, BUT - I much prefer driving in dynamic mode. Why is it that this means that you MUST have red lighting? Nice gimmic that it switches to a different colour when you shift into dynamic, but I think you should still be able to change it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
100% with you on that one Bonkers - and must only be a software setting.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I wish to argue on best value, I think the cup holder covers are the best, not only the cheapest option but one that so far hasn't found a way to need a reset!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
For me it's the 14 way seats.

Lose the cup holder cover/rear seat lever/mood lighting and you have yourself the 14 way seats. I did 3 hours in the car yesterday for a 40 minute meeting and then 3 hours back. Fresh as a daisy. Could have jumped back in and done it all over again.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Actually being less frivolous, I love the opening pano roof. The fact that I can have a sunroof and not lose the head room is brilliant. The whole interior in the Portfolio is fantastic, just love it.

If I replaced my car with another F-Pace I think it would be another Portfolio, auto 2.0d with cup holder covers, not one other extra and it would still be a fantastic car to own.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RaVolVoR said:
I wish to argue on best value, I think the cup holder covers are the best, not only the cheapest option but one that so far hasn't found a way to need a reset!
They may be good value, but I have owned my car for 5 weeks, and they have not moved an inch!

Opening pano is fantastic, but not cheap, although I love mine
14 way seats, again a must have option, however they are not a cheap option either, so I wouldn't agree they are good value.
ITCP, when it is working for us all, I still believe is not cheap, but great value, as I have had a standard system in the FP I have borrowed for 3 days, and it just is not the same.

I would order all 3 again tomorrow in a heartbeat, as well as cup holder cover and mood lighting

On another note, is anyone prepared to admit that the reclining electric rear seats was a waste of money yet? It was one of the must have options 4 months ago, now it has gone very quiet.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
F-Pace S said:
On another note, is anyone prepared to admit that the reclining electric rear seats was a waste of money yet? It was one of the must have options 4 months ago, now it has gone very quiet.
Wasn't this decided in another thread way back, to be the way to make the gap between the rear seat and parcel shelf disappear? Fixed seats have this large gap and so some were saying it was a security risk... me I just think the gap looks wrong but I wouldn't pay for those reclining seats either! My car has mostly one person and sometimes two, none of the extra's I bought were for the benefit of non existent rear passengers! :) Yes selfish of me I know!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RaVolVoR said:
F-Pace S said:
Wasn't this decided in another thread way back, to be the way to make the gap between the rear seat and parcel shelf disappear? Fixed seats have this large gap and so some were saying it was a security risk... me I just think the gap looks wrong but I wouldn't pay for those reclining seats either! My car has mostly one person and sometimes two, none of the extra's I bought were for the benefit of non existent rear passengers! :) Yes selfish of me I know!
Weirdly, I have had my FP 5 weeks now and not even noticed that gap everyone spoke about, I am now going to look, but I think it is fair to say, if I haven't noticed it, how will a car thief, unless they know of this FP shortcoming from a "thieves forum" :lol:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Trust me the gap is there but its bullsh*t to say thieves will see much! Until you unlock the car its too dark (the boot light then comes on with interior lights) but of course if you've unlocked the car, either you are a thief with car keys or its your car. Which means the boot contents are irrelevant. That thread was crazy (as are many), but I did wonder if a mechanically adjustable bracket might be fabricated to alter the rake of the rear seat back rest... one for my retirement I think!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
F-Pace S said:
Yes was covered in another thread. I didn't see it as a problem to be honest. Can't really see much and if you have darkened windows even less. Not like you will have something valuable showing. In that small visible area if at all visible.
Not an issue for me

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Bonkers said:
Yes it is very nice, BUT - I much prefer driving in dynamic mode. Why is it that this means that you MUST have red lighting? Nice gimmic that it switches to a different colour when you shift into dynamic, but I think you should still be able to change it.
That's a configurable only option. Doesn't happen on a base lighting car - I've just got the blue

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
For me it's the 14 way seats.

Lose the cup holder cover/rear seat lever/mood lighting and you have yourself the 14 way seats. I did 3 hours in the car yesterday for a 40 minute meeting and then 3 hours back. Fresh as a daisy. Could have jumped back in and done it all over again.
I could potentially agree and I don't even have the 14 way but given some of the extreme discomfort ive had with leg, knee and hip / back on the various settings I've tried with the 10 way I wish I'd at least thought of it and tried.
May not have made much of a difference but just maybe.
I've sort of got an ok position now but haven't done over 2 hrs yet

·
Registered
64 Posts
The reclining rear seats was a 'must have' for me......it allows me to fit the sample cases I carry into the boot....otherwise I wouldn't be driving this flying machine.......
Heated steering wheel....amazing......no more cold hands
Biggest waste of money......gesture tailgate
Biggest regret....not having adaptive cruise.......
Most useful feature......intelligent speed limiter...stops me getting zapped in town/city centres every day

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
So we are all different and I chose the reclining rear seats as a late option to the original order. Reason: really cheap option but unusual functionality to have in a car of this class. I make it a habit to trawl the options list, after having specified my core requirements, looking for the relatively inexpensive add-ons. This makes for a good talking point with people who will travel in my new car and comes in handy when I list the car for sale in the years ahead - not much cash now on the option delivers a long list of unique features later on.

Others will disagree with my logic and I am cool with that, it's what makes us great! But I have a strong history of private sales which simply amaze Mrs A and my friends. Why change a winning formula?

Have a lovely Friday. It's absolutely freezing up here in the Scottish Borders and has been for days. The cars and sides of the roads are white. Thank goodness for heated seats and heated quick clear screens.

Regards

Arianne

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
andymiller said:
The reclining rear seats was a 'must have' for me......it allows me to fit the sample cases I carry into the boot....otherwise I wouldn't be driving this flying machine.......
I'm curious and maybe I don't understand. The reclining seats being talked about here are reclining or adjusting the rake of the rear seat for the comfort of rear seat passengers, we're not talking about folding (forward) rear seats are we? Have I just got it so wrong? (which is very possible - I'm so tired today!)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts