Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time for me to say goodbye for now. You are a great crowd and I wish you well with your F-Paces.

I cancelled my F-Pace order today after my other Jaguar developed a fault last night having done less that 1,000 miles. That meant it was taken to the dealer on the back of a lorry (Jaguar Assistance is very good by the way) and I will not get it back until next week. Reading all of the issues from you on this site and given that SUV is a new venture for Jaguar, I don't want to be the one committing a large sum of money until the issues are sorted.

I thought that speaking to the sales person would put my mind to rest, but frankly they showed an amazing lack of empathy and product knowledge. They won't be reading this as they told me that they don't waste their time looking at Forums.

Now, I accept that all new cars can develop faults, but sometimes you can smell trouble ahead.

Good luck with yours.

- East Winger.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Have got to say, even with a couple of niggles, this car is fantastic. We also have an f-type coupe and the handling on the 3-0d f-pace is on a par (ok you're elevated) but it is awesome!

Ok I get it with the problems that people are having, but they are/will be resolved and if you are looking for an SUV then right now this must be it?

·
Registered
948 Posts
I reckon your heart wasn't truly in it to begin with, no other SUV feels as well sorted as this. Called into work today and the journey there and back was a real pleasure, can't recall the last time I wanted to push a big SUV into corners like I do this.

As for the issues none have left me by the side of the road and neither have they dampened my enjoyment.

BIG MISTAKE.

·
Registered
184 Posts
simonp820 said:
Well you're a fool then! A forum like this is obviously going to attract those complaining about things wrong with their vehicle. I have a couple of things wrong with mine but overall I love it!

See ya!
In some respects of course, you are correct. But I also think to some extent you are wrong and your last sentence makes my case.

Many of the forum members on here who have problems were forum members before taking delivery of their cars. I would say that the proportion of early forum members who are having problems is extraordinarily high. Multiply those members by the number of people not on the forum and there must be many problem cars out there.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I asked my dealer for honest feedback on issues with FPs supplied to date and he said (and I think I believe him) they've only had two cars back with issues. One with ICTP that's now fixed and one with the squeaky back end that's in now to be fixed.

He said the ICTP issue turned out to be caused by the deployable steps!

He did agree that the niggles are a little higher than they'd hoped and expected but that everything will be put right. As I've said before it's the service the dealer provides when things go wrong that will determine how you feel about the car.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Horses for courses. I'm not the type to shy away if there are potential problems. If my car of course has issues I feel unacceptable it's a different matter but until then I'll be a bit more glass half full.

I can understand the OP as he's had a bad situation with another new Jag so it's tainted everything which is a shame.
Good luck and see how it goes in future. Forums will always have a huge proportion of issues listed

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
I asked my dealer for honest feedback on issues with FPs supplied to date and he said (and I think I believe him) they've only had two cars back with issues. One with ICTP that's now fixed and one with the squeaky back end that's in now to be fixed.

He said the ICTP issue turned out to be caused by the deployable steps!

He did agree that the niggles are a little higher than they'd hoped and expected but that everything will be put right. As I've said before it's the service the dealer provides when things go wrong that will determine how you feel about the car.
Sorry for my language but they claim a couple!!!?? Bollox! The ICTP is riddled with issues and I have started the contractual hand back. I don't want to as it's a bloody awesome car but Jaguar need to wake up to customers wanting what they actually bought actually works. My ICTP has failed everyday and the issues have been videoed as evidence. I am also in consultation direct with JLR as I deem the dealer as a useless middleman, more useless than Jaguar as its Jaguar that need to solve the problems, not the dealer. Had mine detailed yesterday and the detailer noticed my o/s headlight is pushed back trapping the plastic protective film that should have been removed. Plus there are some 'marks' on the bumper and bonnet curve issues. I had mentioned the plastic film to the dealer fortunately, but now I have more evidence to back up either very poor assembly or worse case the front end had taken a knock!!! I see the replacement being a bigger possibility!! Having invested £63K I'm now getting a tad pissed off with the whole experience!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
That looks pretty shoddy. Seems there are a few rushed production examples.

Look at the metallic flecks in that paint though. Nice close up shot :)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I think they've only supplied around 10 cars so far so that's still a 20% issue rate. I know someone with a 1st edition and he has had zero issues so far. So there are cars out there with ICTP with no problems. Go figure. Makes no sense I know. Sorry to hear your problems.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
I think they've only supplied around 10 cars so far so that's still a 20% issue rate. I know someone with a 1st edition and he has had zero issues so far. So there are cars out there with ICTP with no problems. Go figure. Makes no sense I know. Sorry to hear your problems.
I'm just gutted for JLR!! They have a great car but they are pissing about with my issues. I have done a hand back to JLR in 2006 with a crap car so have the knowledge and experience, but it saddens me that they don't seem to put any pressure behind the issues or even show any sincere sympathy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Had mine over one month now, and its been almost perfect in every way. The only glitch has been when one day the gear knob got stuck and the dash told me I had an engine fault, but that resolved after a restart and not been seen since. Oh and the remote start can be a bit temperamental. 1000 miles in and I have started using dynamic mode and boy for a 2L is it amazing!

Checked over the car in fine detail when I brought it home and measured the alignments and shut distances with digital callipers, it is perfectly faultless. Not a blemish. ICTP, never had a problem with it.

No idea if I'm in the minority or not but just wish to temper the other's poor experiences.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
This is an interesting thread and discussion. I have never owned a Jaguar and, based upon their reputation from the 1990 - 2000+, I am a little nervous.

I have had a long discussion with my dealer about the reliability and QA concerns and I am satisfied that my dealer will be my 'firewall' should anything go wrong. They know this and I am comfortable that it's worth a punt - I can't think what other SUV is out there for us.

I am avoiding the ICTP system. It has never been compelling for me but the additional cost and the fact that many of the issues are associated with the combination of ICTP and other technology packs means that this type of glitch should not apply to me.

The other issues are much easier for Jaguar to fix. And, reading this forum, it seems that they are. For example, the creaking suspension is now history for any car rolling off the production line and starter cable issue a thing of the past too.

I have never been a member of a forum when the vehicle is first launched. Certainly there are more issues than for mature models which I have owned, as I see on the Volvo forum for the XC60 and I don't remember the new XC90 having so many issues. But Volvo have struggled with their new 4cyl Diesel engine design no it took them 2.5yrs to properly fix it on thousands of cars, with temporary fixes under warranty until this year. My own car has had six visits to the dealer for this single issue but is now fixed.

It is a lot of money to spend, it should be a flawless experience but often isn't. Unless you are experiencing major, serious issues, then I would suggest it's important not to let the snagging issues become all-consuming as they will ruin the new car buying experience.

Just my opinion. I am sticking with it, it's too good to miss out upon.

Arianne

PS. How do you spend £63k on a 2.0d R-sport? Man, the depreciation on options is horrendous.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I agree with Arianne in a lot of ways. I have also had the discussion with my dealer and has been honest and said a couple of issues, and I know him personally.

The creaking suspension was unfortunate and annoying, and will be gone once they have fixed all the early cars.

The ICTP is an expensive option, and coming from a BM with the latest tech, I am not going back to analogue dials at £60k, so will be sticking with that. Some say these seep effect, some are struggling.

All forums of this type, by their very nature are quite often critical of the product, despite wanting it ultimately to succeed. End result being that it is not representative of every new owners experience, and we red to keep this in mind.

Many on here understand that a new model will have teething issues, and ultimately say they love their cars.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Agree with you both.

I would have been happy with analogue dials (in fact I prefer them) but had to upgrade to ICTP to stay with the same surround audio I have with the Evoque.

So I'm expecting a few glitches. Going in eyes wide open!

I trust the dealer when he says he has cars with ICTP with no issues (he drives an FE himself) and it seems to be a combination of specifications that triggers potential problems. He mentioned that cars fitted with towbars and sidesteps are seeing more issues. Must be something in the logic built into the system.

However we also know that some people with identically specced FEs experience different issues. So it's not that simple I think.

I'm co owner of an IT business. We manufacture electronics that contain hardware, firmware and software. We always have issues when we release new products and we always fix them eventually. Sometimes that can take longer than I am happy with and sometimes it effects customers more than I would like.

Time will tell!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I understand Eastwinger's position...

I had 12 months of hell with a Range Rover Sport that was riddled with electronic faults, because they were basically using the outgoing 12MY as a test-bed for the new Sport. It took nearly two years to get to grip with their new gadgets & systems & the dealers were clueless. An insider told me that at the launch of the new Range Rover in 2013 they had so many back in with powered tailgate faults, they were running out of temp storage & loan cars.

My tailgate never worked properly once in 14 months and possible reasons quoted were trapped/kinked loom somewhere, or a fault with something taking power from the same control module.. Despite dealing so much with JLR customer service ( I befriended the manager & met up for coffee!) JLR had no interest in fixing a £62k car and it took contacting Ralph Speth directly before I could get rid of the damn thing.

So the prospect of a repeat performance has made me think twice on more than one occasion about cancelling my order, despite the fact that for me this car is perfect and a combination I have been waiting for years to come out..

Life is too short to put up with a car that keeps kicking you in the teeth.

This forum is great for those who sadly end up with the same problems, the worst feeling in the world is repeatedly taking it back to the uninterested dealer who implies no one else has these faults and you feel alone and powerless with the only option but to get rid of a car you would otherwise love

My suspicion is ICT Pro problems will be related to what specific other options you have that may be causing software clashes & it would be interesting to see if a survey was done if a pattern emerges....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had already ordered my 3.0dS, at a cost of 70K when I found this forum. If I could have cancelled it, I think I would have done after reading all the problems. Its not going to be possible to return it to Jag from New Zealand, so hopefully don't get a dud. Will be concerned until it arrives in November, as I could have got a very reliable Mercedes GLC for less.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not sure about the GLC being more reliable, I cancelled my original F-Pace order and bought a GLC last year. Within the first 6 weeks it went back to the dealers 4 times for the intelligent LED lights, which just packed up within a few minutes on every night trip, once for a new rear view camera, which just stopped coming on in reverse, and once to re-align the drivers door, which would not close unless slammed hard. Since then it has worked OK, but the off-set driving position, with no room for the left leg, has proved very uncomfortable on longer journeys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why did this car get such a good review !?
Mine is in the garage again and has had two new modules in for the I control software.... Both units have prevents the car from starting! Miss aligned door, suspension replaced and recall for wiring loom... What else does this car have in store for the future ..... No QA at all

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I'm sure once they get to grips with these initial faults it will go on to be one of the great SUVs, it depends on how much patience/tolerance one has while they experiment on customers.

Fingers crossed Luci, hopefully yours will be fault free ( - there are loads that are out there..) and you will enjoy what is a fabulous concept, deserving the good reviews and imho, a Porch beater! :D

I am also taking up as many religions as possible at the moment so I can spread my prayers amongst as many deities as I can... Hopefully one will look down on the West Midlands kindly in 4 weeks time and give the numpty with the wiring diagram a gentle kick.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts