Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are so undecided about colours. We have gone from Ammonite to red and back again. We have also gone from 2.0D to 3.0D.

We were just about to spec ammonite again when the dealer pointed out he had never seen one without the black pack but apparently there if we spec a black pack we knock the order back by 4 months!

Has anyone seen a picture of ammonite without a black pack, I have searched google for hours.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a couple of decent photos of a Portfolio in ammonite without black pack- let me know if this would be useful and I will upload later.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I'm guessing Aldo wants to see an S in Ammo without a black pack.

Aldo, I tried in vain to find such a thing! That was my spec for a long time. In the end I buckled as the rear end doesn't work well IMO unless you have the black pack.

I think IRR is great (better than ammo IMO) and was my second choice. I still think it needs the black pack however. What colour Helix?

·
Registered
381 Posts
This isn't Ammonite of course but it does show non-black pack against a dark colour. Were I going for Ammonite I would likely have spec'd black pack.

However, having spec'd Dark Sapphire it would be lost in my opinion. The satin chrome elements work against dark blue which I feel are worth retaining as they are Callum's design and there are a couple unique to the 'S'. But they do work better at the front and sides with the rear diffuser tie-ing things together yes, but a bit Marmite. Some are considering getting their S diffuser sprayed/ wrapped

View attachment 700

View attachment 701

Attachments

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
PaulC said:
This isn't Ammonite of course but it does show non-black pack against a dark colour. Were I going for Ammonite I would likely have spec'd black pack.

However, having spec'd Dark Sapphire it would be lost in my opinion. The satin chrome elements work against dark blue which I feel are worth retaining as they are Callum's design and there are a couple unique to the 'S'. But they do work better at the front and sides with the rear diffuser tie-ing things together yes, but a bit Marmite. Some are considering getting their S diffuser sprayed/ wrapped
Agreed. I think yours is the one spec where the original S design items (which I would have loved to keep but don't work on white) work well.

I resisted the black pack for ages .. having 'spent' money on the S details, to then pay more money to have them removed and a black pack added that everyone else was speccing! In the end however I just decided it looked right and ticked the box.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. I was interested in the blue too, so thanks for the pics. I'm still undecided!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, the dealers I visit all have the same specs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts