Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ammonite Sports Club membership has arrived today :D :D

Loved the whole theatre of the presentation and the customer service really makes you feel special!
Also loved the drive home.... The long way round!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Mie-ee-ow!

That's some good looking car you got there . . congratulations!

Nice plate too . . that will really come into it's own for the date tomorrow too, 27 Sept, R-Sport day!! . . extra special :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

So, I'm looking and your photos and think your car has standard 19" alloys and you have selected adaptive dynamics? I'd be interested to hear what your thoughts on ride quality are, as most of the posts of this forum are based on the larger wheel options. As mentioned elsewhere I have driven the 3.0l and the 2.0l (without adaptive dynamics) and came away thinking the 2.0l has a worse ride. So any thoughts you have of having smaller wheels combined with AD would be great.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Very nice!!! I'm amazed they released the car to you with your own plate on with that spacing. One dealer I used refused to let me fit one my old plates due to illegal spacing.

Looks great though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CJC1971 said:
Hi

So, I'm looking and your photos and think your car has standard 19" alloys and you have selected adaptive dynamics? I'd be interested to hear what your thoughts on ride quality are, as most of the posts of this forum are based on the larger wheel options. As mentioned elsewhere I have driven the 3.0l and the 2.0l (without adaptive dynamics) and came away thinking the 2.0l has a worse ride. So any thoughts you have of having smaller wheels combined with AD would be great.

thanks in advance.
I find it difficult to answer your question to be honest, having not tried another vehicle or wheel size.
I certainly don't find the combination too hard as others have found with the larger wheels. It handles brilliantly in my opinion and certainly cushions you from any uneven roads, small potholes and cats eyes. There's no jarring whatsoever. The car is also not bouncing around like a big SUV either. I'm more than happy with the ride quality and handling.
Obviously, early days yet and I'm probably not being very objective but then, really, it's a subjective thing....

I'm sure I read in one of the motoring reviews, somewhere, back when I was considering the F Pace that Adaptive a Dynamics on 19/20 in wheels was the sweet spot and on 22in wheels, it could be a little too stiff.
I may be wrong on that though before I get shouted at by a lot of people here who are happy with that set-up...!!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
RSPORT27 said:
CJC1971 said:
Hi

thanks in advance.
I find it difficult to answer your question to be honest, having not tried another vehicle or wheel size.
I certainly don't find the combination too hard as others have found with the larger wheels. It handles brilliantly in my opinion and certainly cushions you from any uneven roads, small potholes and cats eyes. There's no jarring whatsoever. The car is also not bouncing around like a big SUV either. I'm more than happy with the ride quality and handling.
Obviously, early days yet and I'm probably not being very objective but then, really, it's a subjective thing....

I'm sure I read in one of the motoring reviews, somewhere, back when I was considering the F Pace that Adaptive a Dynamics on 19/20 in wheels was the sweet spot and on 22in wheels, it could be a little too stiff.
I may be wrong on that though before I get shouted at by a lot of people here who are happy with that set-up...!!
One of my work colleagues had a 2.0 with adaptive as a loan and he said it was a terrible car - bumpy, heads jerked side to side etc. I too, it,out for a spin and it wasn't great. I'd say it was absolutely no better than my 22s with adaptive,
I really think the 20s or 22s don't make that much difference.
I've not done a scientific test but that was my feeling with it

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I find that really odd. The F Pace has been specially designed to be the best handling SUV and has been warmly praised by the worlds motoring press for its handling and ride abilities. I've certainly not noticed any of those issues you have described. I love the way this car handles, particularly as it's an SUV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts