Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered mine on 17th August.
Was told estimated delivery date of 31st October (build probably last week of September) - thought they might be being a bit optimistic with dates to encourage me to order with them.
Emailed them Wednesday to see if they still anticipated build next week. Was told when last checked (Friday last week) that it was, but would update me again this week.
Dealer called me today to say that it's already been built.
Should be with them on Tuesday ready for collection week today!
6.5 weeks from order to collection
Now time to start worrying about whether it'll be a 'work in progress'!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bonkers said:
Was told estimated delivery date of 31st October (build probably last week of September) - thought they might be being a bit optimistic with dates to encourage me to order with them.
Emailed them Wednesday to see if they still anticipated build next week. Was told when last checked (Friday last week) that it was, but would update me again this week.
My dealer phoned me yesterday to let me know that everything is on schedule for a mid to late November delivery. :?
Ordered end July. Build mid October. I'm still waiting for a phone call like yours.
I live in hope! :)

·
Registered
887 Posts
Timbo62, I ordered mine mid July and was originally quoted Nov/Dec probably, could be Jan for delivery. Last week I phoned the salesman to see if he had a more specific update only to be told, your car is in build this week so we can get it ready for you first week of October! It may have been nice of him to let me know.

May be worth giving the garage a ring if my experience is anything to go by.

My garage is Hatfields Jaguar in Shrewsbury and I have been using them for about the last 9 years. First 4.5 years having them service my XJ (which I had bought elsewhere) and then when it came time to change that (100,000 miles or 5 years whichever comes first) I simply bought a new XF from their stock. The service department at Hatfields is brilliant, they are always helpful, punctual and most times my cars has been picked up, repaired or serviced and returned when they said it would. They always phone to confirm bookings (or possibly to remind this old senile customer) and after work to check everything is OK. The car is always returned cleaned and ready for my use.

However, trying to buy an F-Pace from them has been a long and tortuous process. The sales staff not returning calls or emails to the point I ended up emailing the General Manager asking whether or not they wanted to sell me a car or should I go elsewhere. I did finally get a test drive and ordered the car because both my wife and I found it fantastically comfortable and it was easy to drive. Her biggest complaint about all the other cars we test drove was that they wallowed when changing lane or cornering whereas the F-Pace was relatively stable under normal driving conditions. I don't think I have ever had a call from the sales staff without my prompting or begging that someone talks to me. Wednesday is a prime example, I phoned up to arrange the specific date for me to pick the car up, to be told the salesman was busy with another customer, fair enough. An hour and a half later I had a few minutes so called back only to be told the same story that he was with a customer handing over a car, I responded that's nice I'm trying to find out when I can pick mine up. Oh, was the response and I was put through to the salesman straight away!

Customer Service at it best :^))

Jim

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hmm, mine has got lost somewhere then!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Jim said:
Timbo62, I ordered mine mid July and was originally quoted Nov/Dec probably, could be Jan for delivery. Last week I phoned the salesman to see if he had a more specific update only to be told, your car is in build this week so we can get it ready for you first week of October! It may have been nice of him to let me know.

My garage is Hatfields Jaguar in Shrewsbury and I have been using them for about the last 9 years. First 4.5 years having them service my XJ (which I had bought elsewhere) and then when it came time to change that (100,000 miles or 5 years whichever comes first) I simply bought a new XF from their stock. The service department at Hatfields is brilliant, they are always helpful, punctual and most times my cars has been picked up, repaired or serviced and returned when they said it would. They always phone to confirm bookings (or possibly to remind this old senile customer) and after work to check everything is OK. The car is always returned cleaned and ready for my use.

However, trying to buy an F-Pace from them has been a long and tortuous process. The sales staff not returning calls or emails to the point I ended up emailing the General Manager asking whether or not they wanted to sell me a car or should I go elsewhere. I did finally get a test drive and ordered the car because both my wife and I found it fantastically comfortable and it was easy to drive. Her biggest complaint about all the other cars we test drove was that they wallowed when changing lane or cornering whereas the F-Pace was relatively stable under normal driving conditions. I don't think I have ever had a call from the sales staff without my prompting or begging that someone talks to me. Wednesday is a prime example, I phoned up to arrange the specific date for me to pick the car up, to be told the salesman was busy with another customer, fair enough. An hour and a half later I had a few minutes so called back only to be told the same story that he was with a customer handing over a car, I responded that's nice I'm trying to find out when I can pick mine up. Oh, was the response and I was put through to the salesman straight away!

Jim
I got mine from Hatfields Shrewsbury echo your sentiment on sales v service exactly, i have ranted enough about the buying experience elsewhere on other threads so won't again.... but very pleased to hear about your service experience......

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys - I didn't intend to cheese anyone off. Just so elated at getting it so quickly (especially as I cancelled my original order earlier in the year).
I think I just got a bit lucky with finding a dealer who hadn't sold as many of their allocation or maybe they had a build slot that got cancelled.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Bonkers said:
Maybe a lucky cancelled order meets you're specification perhaps as not heard of one being built from order in 6.5 weeks, that's very quick, what spec have you ordered In full as I see you have put ect ect at the bottom of your profile.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
Bonkers said:
Maybe a lucky cancelled order meets you're specification perhaps as not heard of one being built from order in 6.5 weeks, that's very quick, what spec have you ordered In full as I see you have put ect ect at the bottom of your profile.
Well it is a little bit exotic
Ultimate black with black pack
Standard 20" wheels
ICTP with 325w
14 way memory pack
Adaptive cruise
Blind spot detection and closing vehicle sensor
Surround cameras
Detachable tow bar
Jet seats / headlining
Heated steering wheel
Reclining rear seats
Fixed pano roof

That's of course IF it has all of that! Most likely I think they had someone who cancelled just before lock-in date - so that they could still use my spec. Perhaps (as I think I have heard other people say), the dealer could have preordered some of their allocation, knowing that they would sell them and would be able to change the spec before lock in or not bother and sell them pre-registered

·
Registered
143 Posts
Jim said:

Jim
Hi Jim,
My order is with Hatfields Shrewsbury too. Simon phoned me to tell me delivery was as planned without any prompting. Maybe depends on salesman. He also returns my emails promptly. Good to hear their service team are good.
I will contact them mid October to see if there is any update if Simon doesn't phone me first.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bonkers said:
I ordered my 3.0D S on 16th August and was initially told Jan / Feb 2017 delivery! Latest update from the dealer improved on that a lot with a 21st Oct build date and delivery between 18th and 23rd Nov. You've bettered that by almost 2 months, so well done Bonkers.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Timbo62, Simon and Jonathan have spoken to me and returned emails, however they are not my salesman :<))

Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.