Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery off my new pride and joy at 12:20
First the bad point The Bonnet is out of line at the front where it meets the grill, dealer has promised to sort.
Thanks to all forum contributors who pointed out on other cars.

Now the good points fantastic car 40 miles drive and I love it just so together, fast enough for me great mid range torque very comfortable ride,
In Control Pro really nice bit of kit. the wait was worthwhile.

Thanks to Stratstone Newcastle for getting me the car 1 month ahead of when expected.

And my lovely wife suprised me with a number plate TR04 Jag which I will put on in a few weeks.

I am sure the Journey with my FPace is just beginning and if today is anything to go by it will be fantastic.
To all the people waiting be patient it will be worth the wait.

Trevor

Vehicle cover Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Grille

Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Grille

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Steering part Car Radio Satellite radio Vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle White Motor vehicle Car

Vehicle Car Window White Automotive mirror

Wheel Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate Car

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Cat that got the cream!

Is this bonnet malarkey easily solvable then?

This site must be monitored by the powers that be. One would have thought that by now they would not be releasing cars with this problem. Obviously their post-build quality checks are not quite as robust as they make out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Excellent news Trevor on picking up your f pace .I will keep an eye out for you on the road if you out and about in west Northumberland . I have a build date of 27th May and picking it up from the same showroom as yourself . Enjoy :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
I echo catalyst. What happened to the bonnet and how easy is it solved? I would be absolutely livid if it turned up like that.

Beatiful car and well happy for you but keep us up to date on the issue.

G

·
Hello Trevor ... well done on a great purchase, and for taking the time to post the pictures .. she does look a real beauty

But what really annoys me is that you have paid a great deal of money for this car, and the factory have released this to the customer, I am sure the dealer can fix this and in the big scheme of things in life a small detail. But if I worked in QA in the factory I would have thought to myself that does not look right we must address this .. they must have QA check sheets and protocols to follow ?

But hey .... at least the rest of us can keep on eye on our deliveries, please keep us in the loop on how the dealer fixes the bonnet gap issue and for now enjoy that wonderful machine :D

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Yes, that contrast stitching detail on the dash (and seats) really makes the interior special, I love it every time I see it!

And those Bionic wheels look really excellent too, especially considering they're a 'no cost' option on the R-Sport. I have agonised over which wheels to go for, but I simply can't justify to myself the additional cost of the other designs when I can better spend the money on other more useful features. So I'll be perfectly happy with the Bionics, plus I think their silver/grey finish will work very well with Ammonite bodywork.

That was a nice showroom reveal you got!

Enjoy your beautiful car Trevor, it really looks "the dog's . . biscuits!" (oh, and BTW, I like your hanging baskets too!!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts