Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you turn the car off whilst in neutral (automatic box), doesn't the gear selector automatically move to Park and go down?

I'm sure it did, but it's just not done it for me!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Was that accidental or something you regularly do ?. I've never left my XF in neutral - always set to park

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
When configuring things I had the car in neutral with engine running so avoid battery issues (stop start firmly off!). but my normal mode for switching off the car is to engage electronic brake and press the stop/start button and let the gearbox park itself. Its at this point that the car stays in neutral if it was in neutral, as it is when playing with all the toys!. Perhaps this is a towing option/feature!

·
Registered
85 Posts
The box puts itself in park if you accidentally leave it in S D or R. It will not switch from neutral as there are occasions when you want the engine off but the wheels not locking (Garage works, car wash etc)

On another note, does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the start stop permanently?

P.S. I don't put my car through the auto car wash...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mmmmmm, might wait to see if other people do it....

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Kojak said:
Mmmmmm, might wait to see if other people do it....
The link has posts where people have done it, one person comments that it shows,

Only when you press the auto start button, there is a brief message that says, "auto stop/start fault" for about 2 seconds.

More the question is what are you actually taking out of the module and is there any other effects as they say the Auto Stop Start stops working but what else might not be working, I know that others have said nothing but perhaps they have not be in a position where with the item removed it no longer works on another part of the car.

Just throwing the idea out there.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Given all the issues that a number of us owners are having (touch wood that I've only had one event of ICTP freezing) then why would you want to risk something? If want to turn Stop/Start off then what's wrong with just pressing the turn off button (last button on the left of the gear selector area) each time you get in and start the car? - SIMPLES !

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
AndyS said:
Given all the issues that a number of us owners are having (touch wood that I've only had one event of ICTP freezing) then why would you want to risk something? If want to turn Stop/Start off then what's wrong with just pressing the turn off button (last button on the left of the gear selector area) each time you get in and start the car? - SIMPLES !
Totally agree and this is why I asked what else could it alter.

·
Registered
85 Posts
AndyS said:
Agreed, thought there might be an option in the vehicle menu

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Kojak said:
Agreed, thought there might be an option in the vehicle menu
Then Jaguar would be providing us with cars that beat emissions tests.... They're not part of the VW group, yet!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts