Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The belt on mine tore yesterday, 12 months old 11,000 miles. Luckily just around the corner from home so got the car back on the drive.

Jaguar assist came out within 30 mins but wasn’t carrying a spare so back Monday !

Jaguar need to recall and ensure this issue is dealt with properly, have seen stories of people stranded for hours on motorway service stations etc.

my car was in the dealership just a few weeks ago to have a software issue resolved, they could have sorted out this alternator belt issue then and didn’t !

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi, I believe this belt is showing on topix as a outstanding campaign! Mine failed some time ago but apparently topix now shows that it needs to be checked again.
I think if you look on topix you may find it listed as an “outstanding campaign “ ( I.e. they want to inspect them all), they might be better off finding a permanent fix !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, the Jaguar technician who came out and completed the repair has assured us the new belt, replacement tensioner and a software adjustment will provide that permanent fix, I’ll advise if that’s not the case.

No negative reflection is the Jaguar technician that came out and did the fix, he did a great job and kept us informed through the process however we were without the car for 2 days whilst he obtained the parts required and no mention of a replacement / courtesy car should we have needed one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, the Jaguar technician who came out and completed the repair has assured us the new belt, replacement tensioner and a software adjustment will provide that permanent fix, I’ll advise if that’s not the case.

No negative reflection is the Jaguar technician that came out and did the fix, he did a great job and kept us informed through the process however we were without the car for 2 days whilst he obtained the parts required and no mention of a replacement / courtesy car should we have needed one.
This happened to my F Pace MHDV 5,500 miles from new. Again, they said the problem was k own and had been resolved. Today, pretty much bang on 11,000 miles I suspect it has happened again. Tell tale was that the a/c has stopped cooling, which is what happened last time about 60 miles before the car conked out. So it’s going into Jaguar tomorrow. Not happy!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
campaign 643, also for my Velar (2.0D 204hp, same engine of F Pace) ... Left this afternoon, tomorrow it will be ready ... NB 10,000km, never had any problems, as far as I'm concerned, fabulous car ... !! It is not part of other recall campaigns ... the 588 is for previous versions. The bad thing is that I had to ask ... Land Rover hasn't sent any official recall! Nb after turning on the car, deactivate the start and stop,this is the reason the belt never broke

21 - 26 of 26 Posts