Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Cars with a combined starter/alternator are having problems, those with a conventional separate starter and alternator have not mentioned any particular problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I believe that the OP was querying if a previous problem with an alternator belt had been resolved in all MHEV cars supplied after September / October ‘21. A shredding problem that was supposed to be resolved by slackening a belt tensioner device (by software)
There have been numerous reports on the problem in earlier posts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe that the OP was querying if a previous problem with an alternator belt had been resolved in all MHEV cars supplied after September / October ‘21. A shredding problem that was supposed to be resolved by slackening a belt tensioner device (by software)
There have been numerous reports on the problem in earlier posts.

that's right, I meant just that. I also participated in the other previous posts, but I would like to understand if the F Pace (MHEV), produced since September / October have had problems ... in this case the problem is not solved!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just noticed on topix that’s there appears to be a recall on cars to check the belts out ( strange I have the recall listed on mine and the belt was replaced after a couple of months ownership following its failure

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car's belt sheared off last week. 14k miles and 1 year old the car was built Dec 2020. This was the final straw for me, during the 13 months I have owned the car, it was been in the dealership for 5 months. so many issues i cant even begin to recall them all. The car has now been returned to the dealership and a refund. very sad end to what should have been a dream car. stunning looking and 8k of options. Collect a new Lexus NX next week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had my alternator belt go in Nov 2021 after 7000 miles, was assured that they had ‘fixed’ the issue with the tensioner and software. It’s just shredded again today at 11000 miles!!!

for some reason, Jaguar assistance are being useless and will not give me a courtesy car as they think the tech will be able to replace it on the drive….. I’ve never heard of that, has anyone else successfully had it replaced without being in a garage?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hello everyone, i just heard from a friend who has the velar and had the same problem, that the cause of the belt break is due to the pulley that turns crooked or seizes ... Do you have any news about it?

·
Registered
745 Posts
The problem is due to the tensioner system not working correctly - typical Jaguar lash up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car's belt sheared off last week. 14k miles and 1 year old the car was built Dec 2020. This was the final straw for me, during the 13 months I have owned the car, it was been in the dealership for 5 months. so many issues i cant even begin to recall them all. The car has now been returned to the dealership and a refund. very sad end to what should have been a dream car. stunning looking and 8k of options. Collect a new Lexus NX next week.
I have had the same problem as @kenny.barclay72 . I picked up my new f pace in march 2021. Since then we have had the car in the garage 4 times. We had the FIRST belt go in August 2021 and then the replacement belt went 2 weeks ago and we are now on our THIRD belt after only doing 13k miles with the longest journeys we do only being 44 miles. We have only had problem after problem. @kenny.barclay72 can I ask how did you go about getting the refund as we too want to obtain a refund.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No issues with mine yet (10k miles, 1 year old). I keep checking the belt for any fraying, but so far so good. I tend to switch stop/start off as well, and have done quite a few longer trips.

Reactions: Pier
1 - 20 of 26 Posts