·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Onionrage said:
Has anyone gone down the route of fitting these??

https://www.alloygator.com/individual_gallery/1281/Jaguar

Wonder what they would look like with gloss black alloys if brake calipers were also in red??
Have you seen them face to face, the ones I have seen are just plastic rings you bash into the side of the alloy to tire area and are joined by a larger piece of plastic that joins and holds the two ends together, looked very cheap and tacky, would recommend you too see one before purchase as you may be discounted in the look and quality of them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My brother had them on a Audi TT about 4 years ago.
One of the rears decided to come loose at speed it whipped the rear of the car before launching itself.
Result £300 bodywork Bill, the rest came off very quickly.
Don't know if it was the wheels or just unlucky, just my penny's worth.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Onionrage said:

Wonder what they would look like with gloss black alloys if brake calipers were also in red??
Took me a while to track down the post...

http://fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1898&p=24941&hilit=alligator#p24941

from the looks of it I think the alloygators actually fit around the rim of the alloy and are not just the cheap stick on plastic strips you see all over well known auction websites.

Hope ScouseJag replies and feeds in a bit more info.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Apollya said:
Onionrage said:

Took me a while to track down the post...

http://fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1898&p=24941&hilit=alligator#p24941

from the looks of it I think the alloygators actually fit around the rim of the alloy and are not just the cheap stick on plastic strips you see all over well known auction websites.

Hope ScouseJag replies and feeds in a bit more info.
You have to take some air out of the wheel to make it easier to fit, sorry very tacky, not for me.

Youtube video on fitment for you,

·
Registered
30 Posts
Why thanks jagfpacejk for having such a brilliant memory!
It's a matter of choice kerbed wheel no spare and diamond cut alloys! If you want to lower your risk then mine look exactly as they did on day one and wheels are ok too!
Damn better watch those kerbs tomorrow :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mine blend in and we're fitted by a dealer properly. He's a friend who owns another brand of car enterprise. £115 total fitted incl VAT. So under £30 per wheel f damaged and you also get a polIshing tool if you do scuff them.
To me it's a no brainer- to you if they look tacky then tell me that after your precious wheel gets dinged, you lose it for up to a week, you have no spare and your ride in a robin reliant scrapes those lovely red brake calipers of yours! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So if your thinks ng about it, go to dealer, look at product, look at the lovely colours, do a swatch test and then make a decision! Simples!
By the way I am a scouser and Alloy wheels lowered the value of my hub cap collection! :lol: :lol: :lol: so I don't like Alloy wheels! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I've fitted these. Fitted in first 100 miles after i took delivery.
Did quite a bit of research and viewed fitting etc. videos.
Spoke to a couple of local agents and went to one who seemed best informed.
Watched fitting closely and asked many questions.
Work was good and they answered all questions sensibly.
Seems older versions ( about 1-2 years ago) did experience very occasional problems re coming loose but newer version seem to have better fitting.
Tyres have to be deflated, Alloygators fitted ,tyres slightly inflated , further seating etc etc..
Lubricant has to be used in fitting, ends glued etc etc.
I feel mine are unobtrusive and look good. Maybe will post pictures if interest shown ( I'm brand new here so will need to see how to add pics.
Overall then very good, cost was £130 which I hope will be worthwhile but go to an agent who knows what they are doing . I'm in Chingford N E London and had them fitted in Stewartstone. Good luck

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any pictures would be appreciated. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Onionrage
Here are my pics again!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You don't need them on 19" wheels man!! They are off-road tyres! It's the 22" or maybe 20" that may consider them. Alternatively just get bigger wheel tyre combo

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Dellme said:
Some pics also from me.
I guess the most obtrusive part is the joint. See close up
Good luck.
They don't look bad at all to me, a reasonable solution if they bring some peace of mind kerb-wise

. . and, btw, I really like your red 'leaper' valve caps! :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.