Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused about how Jaguar allocate build slots. I ordered a manual RWD prestige at the start of April from Hatfields Liverpool and have been given an estimated date of 1st December for delivery. I mentioned the F-Pace to a friend who then ordered an R Sport AWD at the end of April from the same dealership. He's been given an estimated delivery date of October. Can someone explain how this works?

·
Registered
20 Posts
A build slot isn't just for ANY order or spec.

You will probably find there is higher allocation for AWD as it was expected to be highest seller.

RWD will have fewer slots so could slot later....

ALSO,

Depends on what options were chosen. Certain options could push individual orders backwards.

The order slots aren't definite and can move depending on supply constraints etc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for this. I was left feeling hard done by and wondered how the expected delivery dates were organised. I'll try and be patient. :roll: Hopefully, if news I've read on the forum that F-Pace production has moved to 7 days a week is true, the car will be here sooner.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:D Just received a call from Hatfields to say the delivery date has moved forward from December 1st to September 20th. Happy days. Seems like jaguar are putting things in place to bring waiting times down. Anyone else getting good news?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Jimbo said:
:D Just received a call from Hatfields to say the delivery date has moved forward from December 1st to September 20th. Happy days. Seems like jaguar are putting things in place to bring waiting times down. Anyone else getting good news?
No Jim - you git :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
To be fair I've seen a number of people saying they have jumped forward 4 weeks or more so certainly improving.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Hoping for next 10-14 days when initially quoted as Sept-Oct... if true I'm a happy bunny!
Slot reserved 7 Feb, finalised spec & order 10 April, hoping for mid June now... could be less than 19 weeks :) ... or not :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.