Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone have a #fpace model who has had problems with the air conditioning I find it is not thermostatically controlled, so for example when the car is cold even when auto is on it blows out ice cold air, similarly when you have temperature set at say 24 it just keeps churning out the high heat meaning the car is well above the set temperature of 24 and it gets hotter and hotter. Garage say the car is not "that clever" to control temperature in the car?!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
My view on it is that the thermostat isn't located in the right place and the vent points aren't ideal. The difference between 21.5 and 22 degrees is pretty insane, I end up skipping up and down the temperature a few times during a long drive. And as the same vent layout is now in the XF and XE as well its a bit odd....

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I agree ... I've given up on using auto. It seems to either blast icy or hot air at me. I set the temperature and then leave the fan on the lowest setting and it seems to work fine.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
I agree ... I've given up on using auto. It seems to either blast icy or hot air at me. I set the temperature and then leave the fan on the lowest setting and it seems to work fine.
Have to agree on this method, i set it at around 20 and leave it on 1 or 2 fan speed and all is good, may well go up a degree or two as winter hits home though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have you had a play with the air conditioning settings which allow you to choose between quiet, balanced and high power settings?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Have to agree on this method, i set it at around 20 and leave it on 1 or 2 fan speed and all is good, may well go up a degree or two as winter hits home though.
Yes agreed. It is not climate control, which in a car of this calibre is pretty unforgivable I am afraid, and I am not impressed.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Heatha05 said:
Have you had a play with the air conditioning settings which allow you to choose between quiet, balanced and high power settings?
What does this do ?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Your correct in saying it's not climate control. No car has this, to achieve true climate control you would need a way to adjust the humidity as well.
On vehicles don't think of the setting as a temperature, more of a number. It's a non insulated metal box surrounded by glass, all controlled by one little sensor. Think of your home heating system, the area by the room thermostat will react to target and actual temperature. But move over to a window and the temperature reading will be much lower.
Best advice is find the fan speed and number that suits you and stick to it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
On AUTO setting and say set the temp at 22. The system will pick up fan speed when cold to get temp up. As it warms up the fan speed will lower. If it gets cold again, then it will adjust fan speed again. Seems reliable and not giving a problem.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Pos.k said:
Are you guys using eco mode because if i'm not mistaken it messes with some other 'non-essential services ' like aircon and heated seats / steering wheel etc.
No eco mode here, if I wanted eco mode I would drive a Honda Jazz, it is appaling :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
DPE said:
On AUTO setting and say set the temp at 22. The system will pick up fan speed when cold to get temp up. As it warms up the fan speed will lower. If it gets cold again, then it will adjust fan speed again. Seems reliable and not giving a problem.
well sort of...mine blows cold air in the morning when I am already cold whilst the heater warms up, so I have to turn it off "auto" to save getting frostbite. Then it is pick your temperature and raise the fan speed as it warms up, which is not climate control,

The BMW was inteliigent, it waited until the heater was warm before engaging the fans, and worked perfectly. If you dropped one degree, you could feel it drop more degrees to compensate the cabin down 1 degree, then settle for hours and hours.

·
Registered
458 Posts
F-Pace S said:
Pos.k said:
Are you guys using eco mode because if i'm not mistaken it messes with some other 'non-essential services ' like aircon and heated seats / steering wheel etc.
No eco mode here, if I wanted eco mode I would drive a Honda Jazz, it is appaling :lol: :lol:
Haha, me neither. Think I'll put some black tape over that so you can't select it by mistake!
Dynamic is definitely the way to go
Shame it only remembers for about 6 hours

1 - 14 of 14 Posts