Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must be Automatic in grey or silver. Preferably (but not essential) with Pan sunroof. Preferably R sport. MAXIMUM budget is £25k. Any issues I should be looking for in used cars? I'm in East Midlands but happy to travel for right car.
Cheers, Robbo

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you get a good one you won’t be disappointed, the Fpace is a great car. JLR reliability isn’t a strong point and is quite often made worse by poor dealers.
Ive had problems with the air con, leaking front diff, Brake disc corrosion , front camera calibration and loose rear wheel arch liners.
Make sure the service schedule has been adhered to, my dealer was very reluctant to to change service parts such as air filters and spark plugs. One missing item in the schedule is maintenance for the Haldex coupling, Borg Warner specify every 36k
Good luck with your search
Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you get a good one you won’t be disappointed, the Fpace is a great car. JLR reliability isn’t a strong point and is quite often made worse by poor dealers.
Ive had problems with the air con, leaking front diff, Brake disc corrosion , front camera calibration and loose rear wheel arch liners.
Make sure the service schedule has been adhered to, my dealer was very reluctant to to change service parts such as air filters and spark plugs. One missing item in the schedule is maintenance for the Haldex coupling, Borg Warner specify every 36k
Good luck with your search
Mark
Thanks Mark Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale
I'm looking at this on Thursday. Great spec but high mileage. Be more confident if can extend warranty to 12 months. Thanks for the tip about the Haldex - is that the 4WD in rear diff?
Not in a hurry so won't jump into a purchase. Robbo

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Robbo, yes its the rear 4WD diff. That looks like a nice motor, the only thing I would be wary of at that mileage is that its probably a bit close to the service life of the DPF which is very expensive to replace, and a warranty wont cover it. (If it fails within 6 months you could use the sale of goods act though)
Taking a closer look at the car in the link it looks to have budget tyres on at least some of the wheels.
Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Mark. Does DPF need replacing or just serviced. Great advice. Cheers, Robbo

·
Registered
685 Posts
In the current S/H market £25k budget is marginal, as with many brands mechanically and electronically complex, with a high milage example an unlimited warranty is advisable because repairs can be expensive
BTW the Haldex is the transfer box bolted to gearbox.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks Mark Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale
I'm looking at this on Thursday. Great spec but high mileage. Be more confident if can extend warranty to 12 months. Thanks for the tip about the Haldex - is that the 4WD in rear diff?
Not in a hurry so won't jump into a purchase. Robbo
Hi, I bought mine in May last year and it was very much like yours, Grey R Sport 2.0 with red seats, opening pano roof, deployable towbar, heated screen and it had the digital dash and updated ICTP it also had 88000 miles on it.
I paid £20k for it but that was before the 2nd hand market went crazy!
I had a few teething problems when I 1st got it, DPF filter, DPR valve issue but the garage I bought if from put new ones on the car, I also had a broken driveshaft which they also fitted, since then I have put 7K miles on it without any further issues and I love it.
Thought it was a bit underpowered so had a stage 1 remap done and its made it a much better and safer drive.
if you get a good one you wont be disappointed.
I bought a Motoreasy 3 year warranty for mine for about £1200 but have not had to use it yet!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bought mine in June,. 2016 2.0d portfolio AWD, dark red with ivory leather, with ICTP, pan roof, digital dash, meridian, tow bar. Done 10k miles and no problems at all. Had to replace the rear pads and disks but that's just wear and tear. Lovely car to drive. Quite interested in that remap mentioned above. I had the ICTP updated to include android auto and apple car play which work fine. I really like the way it can handle, go off road and provide a really comfortable ride a real good all rounder. Being driven to work in an Audi A6 taxi this week and can't believe how bumpy the ride is on the A6, really poor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Test drove a standard R Sport today. Dealer thought OK for test drive to be around an industrial estate at max 25mph! Took it on open road and drove lovely. 71k miles £25800. Wouldn't move on price at all so left it. Do they not have spare wheels as standard? If you use the "tyreweld"? for a puncture, can you then get the tyre repaired?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Quite interested in that remap mentioned above.
I had our 2017 F-Pace remapped as well. It took the power from 177 BHP to 207 BHP (+17%) and the torque from 430 Nm to 490 Nm (+14%). It made a big difference to the car. Acceleration was improved and the car was much more driveable. The engine revs higher than it did before and no longer bogs down whilst it struggles to accelerate.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. Test drove a standard R Sport today. Dealer thought OK for test drive to be around an industrial estate at max 25mph! Took it on open road and drove lovely. 71k miles £25800. Wouldn't move on price at all so left it. Do they not have spare wheels as standard? If you use the "tyreweld"? for a puncture, can you then get the tyre repaired?
Space saver steel spare or a full size alloy spare are both optional extras I am afraid (but we’ll worth having) so you will need to check under the boot floor.

Tyreweld might get you going again but once used the tyre can’t be repaired.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Space saver steel spare or a full size alloy spare are both optional extras I am afraid (but we’ll worth having) so you will need to check under the boot floor.

Tyreweld might get you going again but once used the tyre can’t be repaired.
Thanks Mike. I thought that was the case with Tyreweld. The spare wheel well is taken up by a bracket. Can this be removed and wheel installed. Can't believe you wouldn't want a spare. Not gaining any additional storage either!

·
Registered
685 Posts
To fit a spare wheel you need the whole kit, wheel, plastic foam carrier, jack, etc, quite expensive unless you can find S/H

·
Registered
22 Posts
It was only £165 to add the space saver spare to my new build. Seemed like a no brainer to me.
God only knows how much the dealership would want if you wanted them to supply it later.
As DS says, I would be looking at the scrapers to find a second hand kit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts