Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a new message today, "AEB initialising" and then 5 minutes late another saying "AEB disabled the windscreen camera is obscurred". I got picture of the first but not second as I was driving. When I parked there was condensation over the central panel top of the windscreen.

But, not knowing what AEB was my first search online found Autonomous Emergency Braking from the XE forums. I hope this is not another new issue for us F-Pacers!

Attachments

·
Registered
688 Posts
saw this for about 5 minutes this morning.. car was covered in dew first thing, windscreen, bonnet bumper etc.. when it dispersed the warning went away for me.. not seen it since

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
If the camera at the front is dirty or has some sort of obstruction then the system will display this, it allows you to get out of the vehicle and clean the camera, think it's a good idea rather then you not know its dirty and does not work when you expect or hope it to work.

It's more a advice note then a system failure from what I can see or read.

Next time wipe the camera and see if it goes, if it does then you kno it's just a advice note, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I get this on my XE loaner and my XF loaner, and my XE, and... you get the idea - like everyone has said - condensation, dirt, ice and so on blocks the camera. You sometimes see it if you jump in, ignition on and drive away within nano-seconds, basically a warning saying we ain't gonna help you brake just at this moment.. then the thing clears and you are all good.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you everyone, I'm much re-assured to hear this. I assumed something like this could be the cause but I'm always a bit wary with error messages and Jaguar, somehow they always give me a sense of dread! Today there was no issue, the downpour was keeping everything nice and clear. And for first time I felt front wheels engage drive when pulling out of side road, so the AWD is working! :cool:

·
Banned
9 Posts
Any one fortunate enough to have the AEB work for them?

I was recently in a friends FPACE (I am looking to get one myself now), out for a nice Sunday cruise, when the car in front came to a very abrupt stop, in the middle of the road, which in turn activated the AEB on the FPACE, my friend applied the break and within seconds was screaming she'd lost the peddle, seems the AEB took over and literally floored the peddle such that it grinded (did sound that way) the break peddle fully down and was now in-bedded into the foot well, with approx 1inch to spare before impact, getting out of the car to check why the hell this occurred, to find a foreign woman driver (I can only presume), had stopped for no reason, ohhhhh, except being on the phone, wrapped up in all her regalia, of which we stated quite obviously what the hell you doing, I can only presume too that the roll of the eyes was a black look, as I couldn't tell with all the blankets it wore, and yet I can only presume this is why they are not permitted to drive in their own country.

Needless to say we rang the police and gave details, the police 'none emergency service' ran by Jo Public contact center staff, as you can imagine didn't want to take the incident, until we stated we had dash cam footage, seems 'we' all lie, and without video nothing can be done.

As a soon to be FPACE'r, I can only state that the AEB does work or at least on my friends, and that having a dash cam in invaluable in this day and age.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
iustitia said:

I was recently in a friends FPACE (I am looking to get one myself now), out for a nice Sunday cruise, when the car in front came to a very abrupt stop, in the middle of the road, which in turn activated the AEB on the FPACE, my friend applied the break and within seconds was screaming she'd lost the peddle, seems the AEB took over and literally floored the peddle such that it grinded (did sound that way) the break peddle fully down and was now in-bedded into the foot well, with approx 1inch to spare before impact, getting out of the car to check why the hell this occurred, to find a foreign woman driver (I can only presume), had stopped for no reason, ohhhhh, except being on the phone, wrapped up in all her regalia, of which we stated quite obviously what the hell you doing, I can only presume too that the roll of the eyes was a black look, as I couldn't tell with all the blankets it wore, and yet I can only presume this is why they are not permitted to drive in their own country.

Needless to say we rang the police and gave details, the police 'none emergency service' ran by Jo Public contact center staff, as you can imagine didn't want to take the incident, until we stated we had dash cam footage, seems 'we' all lie, and without video nothing can be done.

As a soon to be FPACE'r, I can only state that the AEB does work or at least on my friends, and that having a dash cam in invaluable in this day and age.
Yes I've had AEB work once, and very effective it is to, but please no need for the xenophobic comments.

·
Banned
9 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
iustitia said:

Yes I've had AEB work once, and very effective it is to, but please no need for the xenophobic comments.
Thanks for the comments but hold the remarks please, you don't know me or where I have lived or who I have known or do know, to then make such remarks about me or try to label me xenophobic or sexist, as your mere comments makes you prejudice and I'd guess a hypocrite too.

·
Registered
688 Posts
iustitia said:
JLRnumber5 said:
iustitia said:

Thanks for the comments but hold the remarks please, you don't know me or where I have lived or who I have known or do know, to then make such remarks about me or try to label me xenophobic or sexist, as your mere comments makes you prejudice and I'd guess a hypocrite too.
No I don't know you, where you may have lived nor who you have known or do know.. and I have no inclination to want to.

But what is clear from your statement are the xenophobic and sexist tones.
If comments like...

"Foreign woman driver"
"wrapped up in all her regalia"
"as I couldn't tell with all the blankets it wore"
"I can only presume this is why they are not permitted to drive in their own country"

.. Are not enough to show this then your are blinded by your own ignorance.

There are plenty of moronic drivers around without the need to call out race or sex, clearly there are forum posters of the same ilk too

·
Registered
458 Posts
Ok - question on AEB
Does it work 'autonomously' or does it need you to have gone for the brake yourself?
My Mercedes has brake-assist which will, if you swiftly go from gas to brake, give maximum braking.
If you do not go for the brake will it engage if a car pulls out and you don't even see it?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Have also seen the warning on a cold and condensation covered car.. cleared once the car did

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Pos.k said:
Ok - question on AEB
Does it work 'autonomously' or does it need you to have gone for the brake yourself?
My Mercedes has brake-assist which will, if you swiftly go from gas to brake, give maximum braking.
If you do not go for the brake will it engage if a car pulls out and you don't even see it?
Not sure. Test it tomorrow and let us know :twisted: :lol:

·
Registered
688 Posts
My reactions times are much faster then any AEB :cool:

·
Banned
9 Posts
Back in the room.

Well bust my mammaries, guys I'm foreign, fenake and yet ... such comments... hmmmm ... would a crash in the car have changed your views to my comments? My death? Disability? Hmmmmmm wonders never cease.

Meanwhile back on topic, AEB does seem to be autonomous, if not enough pressure is applied to the break AEB steps in and helps out on the required force and application.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.