Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Travelling home this afternoon. Following a slow moving line of cars at about 40mph at a reasonable distance. Somebody turned left 3-4 cars in front into a little used side road. The car immediately in front of my braked sharply and as I started to brake also, the AEB kicked in (brake disappeared from under my foot, the anti-lock brakes worked hard to avoid a skid and a lot of neck jerking as I came to a halt).
Thing is, up to the point where the AEB took over, in no way did I feel like it was necessary. I was braking comfortably and progressively to a point where I probably would have stopped a good 6 feet from the car in front. As it was I pulled up about twice that distance away. Was a bit of a shock actually. Glad the guy behind me wasn't too close.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Seemed a bit keen to please then!!? The U-tube upload someone posted tecently, the car slowed then backed off and then twatted the car in front up the arse!!! One extreme to the other!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Seemed a bit keen to please then!!? The U-tube upload someone posted tecently, the car slowed then backed off and then twatted the car in front up the arse!!! One extreme to the other!!
Haven't seen that and it doesn't come up on a youtube search, can you point me? Ta

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
^ Thanks Carl, that is pretty impressive, well other than the last one!

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
It was in a Discovery Sport but same system software...
2nd try is a worry, i will not hit the car in front but the car thats slid to a stop behind i will just go backwards into that instead.

Is that the, if you hit me in the rear regardless of me going backwards its your fault claim. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Tecently or Recently (Rember correcting others puts you on a high step) lol ;) :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.