Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any FE owners can vouch if they have AdSR?

I have a flag (Dynamic)

Front of a car (normal)

ECO

A swerving car*

Snow and rain*

Though not sure if these 2 '*' are together. ..

If this ain't AdSR then was is the swerving car? As I'd imagine the Snow & Rain (by itself) is low traction launch

·
Registered
922 Posts
Isn't that the standard traction control switch?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So that's a definite, no AdSR, so, when I've compared the spec of a FE to that of S or Portfolio.. I see there are similar functionality accros tech options, and yet in some cases JLR have opted for the basic option to put onto the FE and yet in some cases have opted for the advanced option... so with that said what is the alternative to AdSR on the FE, if AdSR is the advanced option what's the basic option (alternative) given on the FE? Also, I do believe I'd use AdSR, not all the time, but it's nice to know it's there... people's thoughts?

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
We got the standard snow and ice :eek:
Although I'm satisfied with the car overall...
I was under the impression that when I ordered the car at the very beginning that it would come fully loaded .....jaguar has used a cloak and dagger approach to cost cutting...to launch the FE ....unlike the Volvo which came fully loaded ....
The point of the fully loaded FE was that you were taking a gamble and your faith in Jaguar that by placing the order early you would receive more feature for your money ...the truth is although we have received some exclusive features ....jaguar have cleverly taken out features such as ADSR ,a lot of the safety feature too many to list and even the handles to drop the back seats from the boot ...incidentally the Americans get all of these features as standard even a sliding pano except the activity key.....
What jaguar should have done is loaded the vehicle and set the price higher ...instead of portraying a fully loaded vehicle in the ads and press when it's not ...is it worth the money ...yes ....but the one thing I can't stand is reading the manual and finding more and more things the car doesn't have .....every time I read a review they mention the fully loaded FE :oops: :roll: someone should have put them right ...(rant over)
In answer to your question ....yes I would of liked ADSR ....according to Ryan it's an £150 extra .....why the **** it was left off is beyond me ....
Explain that one Ryan ...if you can ( I be waiting for your response ) :roll: :? :lol:

·
Registered
922 Posts
You know what's coming.... I have said it before, people brought the FE in good faith that what was coming was what was advertised... We are not talking about a missing set of mud flaps or mats here but a number of expensive features that in another post" are omissions not improvements" and equally no form of alternate value option or compensation.
I wonder if the FE cars in montinegro had these omissions for the critics to comment on?.... Yeah wonder what thier story of bu****it will be on that! I still believe that a form of compensation.. Good will payment, call it what you will should be made, However I know you won't get anything apart from a scripted response via Ryan unless you all complain or write to Auto express to raise awareness of it. After all they are willing to test these cars on our behalf, about time we let them rattle thier sabre on your behalf too don't you think? The last thing they will want is the wider public knowing the first flagship FE customers aren't happy!
My mission is not to whip up a storm here,quite the opposite in fact, it has and always will be to get Jaguar where it says it wants be be up with the very best!! They are not ever going to get there unless they start doing things very differently! Making mistakes is one thing, treating people like idiots is another!! They need to have people in thier ranks who are not afraid to tell them they are getting it wrong... Instead of focus groups who have absolutely no interest or passion for cars or the brand.... When are you going to learn Jag WHEN!! :x

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Someone one should draft a letter to the advertising ombudsman ...for the missing ADSR....and luggage rention kit as the the brochure clearly states it comes with ....and also for the way jaguar put out fully loaded cars for the press to review ...knowing the public would be duped into thinking the car came with all the features ...even in the launch events they used fully loaded cars with sliding panos etc ...jaguar should have released a statement that certain features would be missing from the car in the uk market ...I think they misinformed the press who unknowingly misinformed the puplic with statements which included things like fully loaded etc
I for one would second that letter

·
Registered
948 Posts
@Waynem, I think you will find that all manufacturers supply their press cars fully loaded not just Jaguar. The whole objective of this exercise is you let people see what's on offer if they want to spec their car similarly.

·
Registered
208 Posts
But it could be avFirst Edition... Just from another market. Remember, these reviews mostly took place in Montenegro in Left hand drive vehicles. These cars were never destined for the UK market, and we know that any car's standard options varies between markets, not just the FE or Jaguar. I think a lot of assumptions were made (and some inaccurate/false advertising from JLR), but u don't think we can say that just because we saw a reviewer talk about the equipment in/for another market we can expect ours to be identical. Perhaps some of the U.K. reviewers could have given a disclaimer that this was a non-uk market version they were reviewing, but not sure that would have helped much. We are all excited for our vehicles and want it to be the best it can be.

Personally the specific reason that I chose the S over the FE was so that I could ensure I got every possible option, as when I looked at the configurator there were items missing from the FE.

·
Registered
948 Posts
+1 and they were the petrol version which isn't available in the UK.

If the UK website stated these items were present on our Frist Edition then you have a case to argue otherwise it's bad luck but hardly their fault.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Waynem said:
We got the standard snow and ice :eek:
Although I'm satisfied with the car overall...
I was under the impression that when I ordered the car at the very beginning that it would come fully loaded .....jaguar has used a cloak and dagger approach to cost cutting...to launch the FE ....unlike the Volvo which came fully loaded ....
Have you actually looked at the price/spec difference between the regular XC90 D5 and the XC90 FE?

Waynem said:
The point of the fully loaded FE was that you were taking a gamble and your faith in Jaguar that by placing the order early you would receive more feature for your money ...the truth is although we have received some exclusive features ....jaguar have cleverly taken out features such as ADSR ,a lot of the safety feature too many to list and even the handles to drop the back seats from the boot ...incidentally the Americans get all of these features as standard even a sliding pano except the activity key.....
What jaguar should have done is loaded the vehicle and set the price higher ...instead of portraying a fully loaded vehicle in the ads and press when it's not ...is it worth the money ...yes ....but the one thing I can't stand is reading the manual and finding more and more things the car doesn't have .....every time I read a review they mention the fully loaded FE :oops: :roll: someone should have put them right ...(rant over)
In answer to your question ....yes I would of liked ADSR ....according to Ryan it's an £150 extra .....why the **** it was left off is beyond me ....
Explain that one Ryan ...if you can ( I be waiting for your response ) :roll: :? :lol:
I've checked what I can and to the best of my knowledge Jaguar didn't state the UK car was fully loaded, it was YOUR assumption this was the case. At no point were you FORCED into buying the car, you did so at your own free will so why are you constantly complaining. ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
What does Adsr do differently than the snow and ice button anyway?

You still have to select it and how often would you ever use it anyway in the UK unless you live in Scotland, at £150 it's not going to be earth shattering Jaguar charge £50 for a black plastic cover for the cupholders so what actual difference do you think Adsr will make? Sounds more like a sale gimmick to me to extract a further £150.

The Spec amendments for the FE is getting carried away now. I own a FE and on checking the spec very carefully in September when details were released I can't find ANY documented evidence that these items were included in the first place but I must admit I feel I have missing items now just by reading the posts on this forum, but one again I can not actually find any proof of this if I'm completly honest and believe me back in September I went over this several times.

Now we seem to be adding extra items to the list that were never included such a rear seat release etc......

Volvo did the FE XC90 properly the FE F-pace was always a half hearted attempt we don't even have a numbering plate (1 of xxx etc...) it's basically a S with different seats and a exclusive (for now) colour with some basic options added. To me this is where the value of the FE comes it, these options most of which I would have selected are included in the retail price and as such I should see a higher return when it comes to sale time as apposed to an S with £14k worth of options. Options almost always add no value when it comes to selling so having desirable options included in the asking price helps to keep some of that value.

If anyone bought a FE just assuming it was fully loaded just because Jaguar said so without checking the spec list that would be a little naive in my mind.

We all had the opportunity to decline delivery of the FE, with the consumer laws we have in the UK if people had been unhappy ( we all knew about the spec before deliveries started) they should have not handed over the cash and looked elsewhere or ordered an F-Pace with the spec required.

I'm afraid lots of assumptions have been made in regard to the FE, for instance 'everyone will take delivery of the FE before any other model'. Simply not true, only this morning I passed a JLR delivery transporter with two FE on-board both right hand drive and again Jaguar never stated all FE owners would receive cars first, the actual line was 'FE would be available during the first year of production'.

I actually contacted Jaguar CS about delays in delivery and spec amendments and as a gesture of goodwill Jaguar have supplied a selection of accessories free of charge, so I would suggest any FE owner who believes they are missing items should go via the official channels and they may get some form of compensation.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Way back in late January I was given one of the official Jaguar F Pace press packs (a very glossy book and a memory stick). Nowhere in the pack does it refer to the FE as 'fully loaded'. It does refer to it as a limited edition. When I changed my order from a 2.0l to a 3.0l in January I looked very closely at the specs and chose an S rather than an FE because the FE had some things that I didn't want (22" wheels and privacy glass) and didn't have some things that I did want (14 way memory seats, AdSR, the option of a towbar, etc.). It also worked out cheaper for me as my requirement didn't add up to £65k - mine is still in the 50s.
I double checked my spec before it was locked down by the dealer just to make sure that it was what I actually wanted.
As a sanity check last night I downloaded the F Pace specifications again from the Jaguar web site and it is very clear about what is or is not included in the FE and how that compares to the S.
Consequently I am a bit bemused as to why some FE owners believe that they have been sold a pup by Jaguar. I don't think that Jaguar have changed anything in the FE spec since January when I changed to a 3.0S.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts