Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was trying to establish why a good proportion of my forum cohort are spec'ing AdSR and why it has totally slipped under my days on the configurator. I decided to find some opinion and stumbled across this...

"...and it's actually in its most cautious AdSR mode (a.k.a. Winter mode) that the F-Pace impresses most. Jaguar's chassis team developed what's described as Adaptive Surface Response (AdSR) as a system that takes input from various sensors to work out approximate grip levels on low-adhesion surfaces before you even turn the wheel, and then tries to help you make the most of them. There's none of the adrenaline-spiking oversteer of the punchier modes, and throttle response is backed off enough to make you feel as if a length of elastic has been slipped into the mechanism, but the system works subtly to minimize understeer and smooth acceleration without obvious intervention. It's an ego blow to realize that we're practically as quick around the twistier courses with the car in this most cautious setting."

Ok, I concede another option. For £150 I'm convinced. At the price we're paying it should really be standard if it's that beneficial though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree that it should be standard and particularly on the 3.0 litre models. But then you can say that about privacy glass; standard on an n-tec Qashqai and £375 on a £50k+ motor car!
Anyhow, their sales strategy worked; the 2 options will get another £525 out of me!

·
Registered
410 Posts
+1 lol

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Same here. Looked like it may be a useful option to have or turn off when you need to and for £150 seems small change. Agree it should just be thrown in really to existing price or bump price up £150.

Either way I've bought it and the privacy glass :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
It looked like this wasn't available on the FE but i have just found it is already on it.

Under option packs in the brochure it shows it is part of the adaptive dynamics pack and says it is all standard on the FE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts