Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So two things i learnt last night the car is definitely not as nannying as my old Audi, at 10:40pm the fuel warning light came on half way between whitchurch and Oswestry if you know the area there are is 24 hour garage in each town, approx 13 miles from my location, it came up with a range of 20 miles :shock: :shock: :evil: I am used too the Audi giving me 50 miles notice, even at the Audi's average mpg of 38 that was circa 1.3 gallons.

I had been gently pressing on after a very long day and averaging 20.5 so i guess its not hugely different in the amount of fuel left 1 v 1.3 gallons but the effect was dramatic, I ran gentle to Os and landed at the garage with 4 miles left and squeezed in 58.2 litres..... i need to understand how if possible i can reconfigure fuel warning level..... the joys of a fast petrol :D :lol:

reversing up the drive towards the other halfs disco watching the camera the warning tones went from gentle to urgent to fixed in no time at all, out of the car expecting an Audi like gap of two feet, 6 inches gulp!

So i need to be able to either reconfigure these settings or mentally readjust my driving to allow for the different nature, i.e. I need to be more watchful than i was in the Audi :cry: :roll: the fuel warning level is the real issue though for me living in the Welsh Marches out of hours it is very easy to be 30+ miles from fuel..... perhaps a jerry can in the boot until i get back into the habit of checking the fuel gauge more assiduosly switching back to petrol after 15 years of diesel, love the performance and the noise but there are adjustments needed :mrgreen: :roll:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shaunyt said:
My fuel warning light comes on around the 50 miles mark every time give or take a mile or 2
thanks will delve into settings later....

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so fuel tank capacity is 63 litres meaning I had 5 litres left equalling 20+ miles (when it said 4) so commendably cautious but i still need to find out if it is possible to reconfigure as playing chicken with the fuel warning light late at night in the middle of nowhere is not good for my blood pressure :mrgreen:

·
Registered
453 Posts
i think the 3ltr engines have a slightly larger tank to the 2.0l engines but yes pretty much as you said, I havent seen anything in the settings with reference to setting the fuel warning, im pretty sure its a factory default there doesn't appear to be any way of changing it so if yours is coming in too late i would pop in to your dealer.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Shaunyt said:
i think the 3ltr engines have a slightly larger tank to the 2.0l engines but yes pretty much as you said, I havent seen anything in the settings with reference to setting the fuel warning, im pretty sure its a factory default there doesn't appear to be any way of changing it so if yours is coming in too late i would pop in to your dealer.
I had to do the same thing on a Audi A4 years ago. It gave me almost zero notice (in fact I ran out of petrol across a major junction in central london and caused traffic chaos!) ... It went back into Audi and they 'recalibrated' it. So it can be done ... at least it could on a 2002 A4 :cool:

·
Registered
458 Posts
One of the options on a Mercedes is to actually show the amount of fuel left in the tank. needs to be set up on their STAR machine but people on the forum who had had it enabled really liked it when I was over there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts