Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my F Pace now for about three weeks now.Two tanks of diesel.Love the ride,power,handling and the feeling of safety.I noticed on filling the tank no Adblue filler besides main tanker filler. I'll post a photo.
Other 2016 vehicles in New Zealand have Adblue tanks ,trucks and cars. So I rang my sales lady and she says Jaguar/Land Rover NZ vehicles don't require Adblue.
Can forum members please explain why. It would be interesting to know.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Don't know what the regulations are in NZ. But here in th UK! Diesel powered cars have to conform with Euro6 emissions control. The ad blue (urea and Distilled water mix) is injected into the exhaust gas to help neutralise the NO2 gas. oh well that's one less think you don't have to be concerned about. Enjoy your FP.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Interesting how it's not just standard across all countries seeing as it's meant to be good for the planet and not just certain countries.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi All,
Thanks so much for the input.So NZ importers JLR only need euro 5 + DPF but the likes of Ford in their diesel lineup use Adblue !!!!!
Thanks Oldkiwi,I'll look into my cars Topix spec .

·
Registered
492 Posts
I thought Euro5 cars had a EGR valve that reduced nox by recirculating exhaust gasses back through inlet. I along with many other vw and other manufacturers had problems with these egr valves clogging up. Euro6 have eliminated the EGR and now we have adblue injected into exhaust to reduce nox. so have the NZ cars gone back to the old system? will they have problems?or has car been made without EGR?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.