Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

My order is currently configured with Configurable Dynamics.

On the configurator (UK site) if I try and add Adaptive Dynamics Pack, it says that Configurable dynamics must be removed (and vice versa).

Elsewhere on the site I have read that manual suspension tweaking is only available if Adaptive dynamics and configurable dynamics is chosen.

My understanding (please correct any errors) based on 2.0AWD Portfolio is:-

As standard the car will have Jaguar Drive Control (I think this is the standard / dynamic / slippery surface selections and just changes throttle and steering responses and will have no impact on suspension)?

If I add configurable dynamics I will be able to manually tweak throttle & steering inputs (still no suspension tweaking available)

If I add adaptive dynamics, the car will actively monitor my driving style and road conditions and adjust suspension, steering & throttle accordingly?

Does anyone have the ability to manually adjust suspension settings through the touch screen & if so what options need to be ordered to do this (Adaptive Dynamics & Configurable Dynamics would seem logical, but as mentioned at the start of this ramble, the online UK configurator has them as mutually exclusive)

Thanks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Growler,

Way back in the mists of time I ordered configurable dynamics and adaptive dynamics because you could. This was a mistake on the configurator and my dealer didn't know any better.

I ordered configurable after adaptive because I wanted to be able to do what you want to do. When I added this to my order, adaptive was deleted but my dealer and I were unaware of this. I now have a car with configurable but no adaptive so the whole thing is useless and cost me money.

I would say of the two, you definitely should choose adaptive which comes with ADSR. You can only use configurable in Dynamic mode anyway. Someone on here said that adaptive comes with configurable but I would get that confirmed by your dealer.

Hope this helps. Not having adaptive really took the shine off my new car and I'm still a bit bitter about it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all!

Based on your experience Catalyst, and the video you posted Jagfpacejk, I will definitely go with the adaptive dynamics.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Can someone confirm, if you have the adaptive dynamics pack option £900+ does this include configuable dynamics £200+ my dealer has put both on my order because it couldn't be done on the confusinater. This is on a 20d auto r sport.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yes I have the pack and it has configurable. That's the reason you can't add it on the confusurator. If you try it will want to remove the pack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts