Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 333 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've driven more than 6000km in my 2.0d R-Sport with adaptive dynamics and 19 inch rims.
I felt surprised by the hardness of the suspension when I got it but the pressure in the tires was too high (3 bars instead of 2.3).
I've thus reduced it and it felt much better.

Two weeks ago, I had an XE 2.0d Portfolio while my dealer was doing the oil change (special thing they do which might not be very useful for the price it costs) and it felt so much comfortable that I'm still thinking that my suspension has an issue. I've told my dealer to look at it and he told me that there were no problem.

Has anyone else driven an XE or XF and compared to the F-Pace?

I will try to test another F-Pace but it might be with standard suspension so hard to compare with adaptive dynamics.

By the way, the difference between normal and dynamic is very small. When I drove a Porsche 997S or Macan with PASM the difference was much sensible.

Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Funny my F-Pace on 19inch rims was bouncing this weekend, I shall check the tyre pressures this evening and let you know. The previous XF I had was much smoother and so far I've put it down to SUV (Never had one before) life compared to saloon. Hopefully tyres are too hard!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I can only comment on the 22" with adaptive suspension as that's what I have but compared to the new model RRSport it replaced wearing 21" the F-Pace is even more comfortable and a lot more composed. Also road and air noise is better suppressed in the Jaguar which was a surprise because I rated the RRSport amazing at this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your feedbacks.
Looks like RaVolVoR has the same issue as I have and that people with 22 inch don't. I have not driven an RRS but I know it's very comfortable so if the F-Pace is more comfortable than the RRS mine seems to have a problem.
Can it be that the 19 inch with Adaptive Dynamics is not configured the same way as the 19 inch?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mig said:
Thanks for your feedbacks.
Looks like RaVolVoR has the same issue as I have and that people with 22 inch don't. I have not driven an RRS but I know it's very comfortable so if the F-Pace is more comfortable than the RRS mine seems to have a problem.
Can it be that the 19 inch with Adaptive Dynamics is not configured the same way as the 19 inch?
What type of tyre is on the 19s, I know the 20s are summer tyres like those on the 22s but maybe the 19s are all weather ones.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
My brief test drive on 22s didn't seem anymore than my previous model XF on 20s

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have Contisportcontact5 summer tires.
I definitely need to drive another F-Pace with Adaptive Dynamics.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Tyre pressures on 19 inch rims are fine. The tyres are Pirelli P Zero, I guess I'll get used to it. Having said that my XF was on p zeroes and they have a really hard wall, in winter the XF used to really judder on full lock as I left my drive, once it had done maybe 50 yards it seemed to warm and relax the tyre wall and it wouldn't repeat the judder until next morning.

Jag replaced them with Goodyear Eagles FOC and problem went! Fat chance they'll swap the tyres on the F pace right now. I think part of my issue is this is my first SUV so it isn't as smooth as a saloon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey,

I left my F-Pace to the dealer today.
They updated the system with the K383 update dedicated to Adaptive Dynamics.
It feels so much better.
I was not crazy. There were an issue with the suspensions !

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm curious if it's only the cars equipped with the adaptive suspension that have the creaking noise?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't have any creaking noise on mine.
I had a very firm suspension though and it feels much better after a few kilometers.
I'll be able to tell more after next week-end.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
luminated said:
I can only comment on the 22" with adaptive suspension as that's what I have but compared to the new model RRSport it replaced wearing 21" the F-Pace is even more comfortable and a lot more composed. Also road and air noise is better suppressed in the Jaguar which was a surprise because I rated the RRSport amazing at this.
Well this all sounds very ecouraging as I nearly went for an RRS!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Today I had the message "Dynamic Suspension Default".
Looks like I really have an issue.
I already booked an appointment on the 8th 2 weeks ago.
We'll see what they find and solve...

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I came from a 3.0 S XF and first few hours I was wondering if I'd made a mistake as the F Pace I didn't find hard but was "bouncy" and took speed humps horrifically with the backend almost leaping in the air it felt like even at slow speeds

After getting used to it and using dynamic a lot more I think it's maybe better than the XF in many ways. I also checked tyres after day 1 and they were 31 so put up to 36 as was taking a bit of a load on journey

I'm on 22s but don't think it's hard at all and often keep it in dynamic mode to make it tighter and harder

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I don't think I'll be chasing this update just yet... guessing that its not quite "right" but of course there could be any number of other reasons. I too find Dynamic mode nicer. My dealer said that dynamic mode was monitoring the road surface via the AdSR option but I thought that only worked when enabled? If the Dynamic mode "reads" the surface as a default and that makes some sense then maybe this is why Dynamic offers such a good lower speed ride ?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
I don't think I'll be chasing this update just yet... guessing that its not quite "right" but of course there could be any number of other reasons. I too find Dynamic mode nicer. My dealer said that dynamic mode was monitoring the road surface via the AdSR option but I thought that only worked when enabled? If the Dynamic mode "reads" the surface as a default and that makes some sense then maybe this is why Dynamic offers such a good lower speed ride ?
I believe Adsr does need to be enabled, as in button pushed, as opposed to on permanently, adaptive is the constant monitoring

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
When you guys say hard do you mean just bone crunching slamming sort of hard or a bumpy / bouncy ride.
It feels great to me on 22s until the speed gets over 50 then seems to bounce around a bit and must admit the motorway journey was t that great as an experience at higher speeds especially over 70 when it strayed just over :)

1 - 20 of 333 Posts