Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I hope this is the right section to post this -
I currently have a Volvo and appreciate the adaptive xenon lights. Are the fpace xenon lights auto high beam and adaptive? Or is it just the LED option?
Thanks
Regards
David

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Explain highbeam assist or adaptive ?
Never really seen those I don't think

·
Registered
922 Posts
Basically it control the main forward lighting arrays and will decide when and how much power goes to it as it can detect on coming traffic and will dip or reposition reflector elements, so as not to blind on coming vehicles. Very. clever systems and near daylight levels of illumination. There are even more advanced systems that combine laser light led combination which can light up 500 to 700 metres along the road!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Simpler than it sounds MBadger:

Highbeam Assist: You don't have to flick on your own highbeams. When going over a set speed (25mph, I think), if it is dark out and there are no cars in front of you (either oncoming or in your direction of travel), the car will automatically activate the highbeams for you. When it detects a car coming towards you, or in front of you it will turn them back to regular dipped beams. It is just a laziness assisting feature (admittedly a nice one), so you don't have to manually work the highbeams. It is controlled by a camera in the windscreen behind the rear view mirror.

Adaptive Headlamps: The direction of the headlamp beams adjust as you corner to help you see around curves. This functionality is tied to the steering and is once again only in play above a set speed. When you start to turn the wheel as you go into a curve, the headlamp beams angle slightly in the direction you are turning. This somewhat helps illuminate the road as you are going through curves.

If you are interested, the Jaguar YouTube video has demonstrations of both features. HIghly recommended viewing for new FPace owners who migh not be familiar with some of Jag's current implementations of technologies.

Hope that helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts