Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone give me any information on adaptive dynamics. I am considering the bigger 22 wheels but concerned on ride quality. Do adaptive dynamics soften the ride when not looking for pace e.g. cruising on the motorway? I know Jag have stated the ride is the same as the 20s but this can only be true if the adaptive dynamics soften the ride.

Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
199 Posts
I think I saw someone post that the 22's had a thicker tyre wall and were not as low profile as you would expect.

The adaptive dynamics are supposed to stiffen everything up if you're pressing on, but for general driving it's a little more relaxed, how much I don't know. If its like the other Jag systems I'm sure you can't change the setting yourself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Adaptive Dynamics is effectively a Continuously Variable Damping system, it uses feedback on forces and how the car is being driven to change the damping rates. So in answer to your question, yes it will deliver a better ride quality.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Rob an Tiller, I think I will change my order from the 20s to the 22s. If you look at the Jaguar website the 20s are 255/50 (12.75cm side wall) and the 22s are 265/40 (10.6 cm side wall) so proportionally quite a difference. Plus given the extra 10cm width you will get better grip (in the dry at least). I just hope they don't compromise ride too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts