Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Ad Blue top ups free if you take out a service plan with the 3 Ltr Diesel S model or is only free with the 2 Ltr engine service plans? I thought it was free but the detail on the website only mentions it on the service plans for 2ltr engines. Those of you that have had the 3 ltr for a while & have a service plan, are you getting it free or not from the dealer? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
As said its free but my dealer did say they will also top up if needed between services as its part of the plan so if required it will be filled up but i am told you would need to do a lot of miles each year for this to be required.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I think the "top up between services" is at dealer's discretion, but yes mine also said they would do this. However the fuel cost for the 1.5 hour return journey to them kinda negates it!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
I think the "top up between services" is at dealer's discretion, but yes mine also said they would do this. However the fuel cost for the 1.5 hour return journey to them kinda negates it!
True, I guess a bottle kept in the boot as back up is what some are doing when like you there dealer is not local, if I was going overseas I would also get one just as backup as I would not want the warning light come on when far from a dealer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is Ad Blue and what does it do?

·
Registered
688 Posts
formbyjules said:
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is Ad Blue and what does it do?
WHAT IS DIESEL EXHAUST FLUID (DEF)?
DEF, also known as AdBlue®, AUS 32 and ARLA 32, is a non-toxic, colourless, odourless and non-flammable fluid. Stored in a dedicated tank in your car, DEF is injected into the exhaust system to clean exhaust gases. It breaks down nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions into harmless water vapour and nitrogen gas.

http://www.jaguar.com/owners_international/diesel-exhaust-fluid.html

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
JLRnumber5 said:
True, I guess a bottle kept in the boot as back up is what some are doing when like you there dealer is not local, if I was going overseas I would also get one just as backup as I would not want the warning light come on when far from a dealer.
The car has a "range left" counter for Ad blue, in the same way as the fuel tank, worth checking once a week or so rather than wait for the yellow light to come on.

·
Registered
688 Posts
honestly I'm not giving it a second thought.. keep an eye on the usage, I'm sure the car will tell me when its low.

plan a strategic pass of the dealer if you're in the area for a top up if they are providing you with one gratis.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
My advice is to double check that any third party ad blue meets the recommended specification by jaguar as if something did go wrong and they found it was due to the ad blue used you can bet they will not be honouring warranties. Best to be safe.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Adblue is Adblue is Adblue .... It's manufactured to ISO 22241-1 standard. It's 32.5% urea (which comprises carbon, nitrogen, oxygen and hydrogen) and 67.5% demineralised water.

There are DEF "clones" popping up that aren't marked AdBlue .. I agree these are best avoided.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
My car hasn't moved on the Ad blue indicator in 1500 miles of town driving... the service plan does cover intermediate top ups as part of the package it is not dealer discretionary but its also unlikely to be needed. BTW its processed pigs pee with dye... lovely stuff to put in your nice new Jag!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
My car hasn't moved on the Ad blue indicator in 1500 miles of town driving... the service plan does cover intermediate top ups as part of the package it is not dealer discretionary but its also unlikely to be needed. BTW its processed pigs pee with dye... lovely stuff to put in your nice new Jag!!!
Nice, so pigs pee keeps our emissions down, wonder how thats collected :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Actually its urea that's used, processed from pig pee and the idea is it makes NOx turn to N2... which is 80% of the air anyway! I wouldn't want the job title of pig pee collector, let alone pig pee processor... :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Had mine topped up f.o.c at approx 12,500 miles.....going in next Monday for 16k service + ICTP updates.....( squeeky back end fixed at 2,500 miles....no problems since)

·
Registered
688 Posts
That's some serious mileage in 6/7 months?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I thought it was service every 21000 or 12 months. ?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
RaVolVoR said:
Nice, so pigs pee keeps our emissions down, wonder how thats collected :mrgreen:
Job's yours if you want it - but you'll be doing Russell out of a job at jlr!

·
Registered
577 Posts
:oops: Must be cheaper to have a DIY kit and a bottle of water.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts