Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For various reasons I've been photoing the dash warning lights that are showing every now and then! But in one I also looked at the Ad Blu miles left and noticed something odd...

At 1343 miles it said I had 12737 miles Ad Blu left.
At 1670 miles it said I have 12737 miles Ad Blu left.
so the last 337 miles travelled used zero Ad Blu.

Now is this true or is my car just stuck on one value? I've got a trip to Leicester on Saturday 138 miles each way and I shall see if any Ad Blu is used!

·
Registered
453 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
For various reasons I've been photoing the dash warning lights that are showing every now and then! But in one I also looked at the Ad Blu miles left and noticed something odd...

Now is this true or is my car just stuck on one value? I've got a trip to Leicester on Saturday 138 miles each way and I shall see if any Ad Blu is used!
The usage of adblue is an estimate based on driving style as is the range in the fuel tank, the heavier your foot has been more the you use and the less MPG you get out of a tank full of diesel. Same applies to adblue see following article.

http://myadblue.co.uk/blogen/warning-and-filling-of-tank/consumption-of-adblue-and-diesel-consumption/

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Think also the style of driving if its a lot of short stop start journeys can have an effect on this situation also.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would expect lots of short journeys to be worse and most of mine are below 5 miles.I shall monitor situation and see if value ever changes.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trust me I do! May only be 2.0 but it still shifts very nicely as BMW Z4 found out the other day.... :twisted:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Pos.k said:
I think you occasionally need to drive it like you stole it....purely for the sake of the car you understand ...think of the dpf and to hell with the adblue
I think this is why my mpg isn't doing so well!!! But at least my licence may stay preserved!!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
RaVolVoR said:

Out of interest, where do you find this info?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you press starter button without foot on brake the car electrics come to life without engine running. Then you get an extra set of options on the steering wheel menu, one of which is Vehicle maintenance or the like. You can see tyre pressures there too. I'm not at my car to be sure of the right buttons I only look now to see if the reading changes and I have photo's of each one to show the dealer as the odometer reading is visible at same time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts