Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Halford recently for a part for one of my other vehicles and was shocked to discover that an Audi (the black car) which had been parked and awaiting Halford tech had come off its electronic hand brake and hit me, near side rear, coming to rest on my near side rear wheel.

Halford have no option but to accept liability as witness confirmed the Audi was a parked vehicle under Halfords control that caused the damage to my vehicle. However, Halford have yet to admit liability and have given me their Area Managers details.

I've since had the vehicle to Jag's approved garage and they have said the 22" wheel cannot be refurbished given they have plastic inserts and will need a new wheel/tyre, then will conduct diagnostics to the electronics tech and wheel alignment.

The garage also commented that parts for the FE are like rocking horse do-do, and that they had a grey FPACE in, still in their parking bay, that they had to reattach broken parts to, as they couldn't get the correct spare parts from Jag!!

Lesson here? Don't drive the vehicle until readily accessible parts are available as idiots like this will harm your vehicle without the possibility of repair. .. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. ......

Attachments

·
Registered
688 Posts
Jeez I feel gutted for you

·
Registered
410 Posts
I cant imagine how that must feel and hope you get a quick resolve

·
Registered
161 Posts
Very sorry to hear that..... on a positive note though, that Caesium blue really does look outstanding!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
All the more unfortunate given your username!

Interesting that Jag said your wheels couldn't be refurbed given a user on here (I think bennis) has had his FE wheels resprayed in a different colour ....

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Thats a sickner. I remember many years ago having a RX7 Turbo I loved which was in for MOT.
Was paying and the car was in the MOT parking bay and another customer just reversed straight out and crunch into the side of the car

Was gutted. Was my pride and Joy at 26 silly moo ruined two panels.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Totally gutted for you mate, can't imagine how you must feel.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Ouch!!! . . . that's just terrible. :eek:

. . . but Ha!, :lol: I just noticed how tiny those Audi wheels look by comparison to the sheer awesomeness of the 22s :p . . . talk about bad luck tho'! . . really sorry you had this happen.

Hope it gets sorted pronto.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Bloody lucky in my opinion, hit the road wheel, no panel damage. For sure the alloy can be refinished, or at worst replaced.

I doubt that a light tap has damaged the steering geometry, it will get much harsher abuse when hitting a pot hole at speed!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Russell said:
Bloody lucky in my opinion, hit the road wheel, no panel damage. For sure the alloy can be refinished, or at worst replaced.

I doubt that a light tap has damaged the steering geometry, it will get much harsher abuse when hitting a pot hole at speed!
Regarding the wheel alignment, I really wouldn't guess if it was hit hard enough or not to cause serious issues/concern BUT I do know that when I drove it to Jag it had an intermittent bumping sound, I thought nothing of it until I could hear it louder when I reverse parked in their bay.

I haven't driven it since, and even considering driving it again just makes me down, as all the pleasure has now gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.