Detachable tow bar, Standard Mileage Service Plan, 19" Space saver spare wheel
Auto-Dimming, Power Fold, Heated door mirrors with Approach Lights
Premium carpet mats, Rear View Camera, Aluminium Gearshift Paddles
of course the Twin front cupholder with cover & Activity Key,
& either Amonite Grey or Ultimate Black (still undecided) :lol:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Sounds great jonesy, when is delivery due?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
jonesy said:
HI All I am a new member I have ordered back in June 26th
F-Pace 2L AWD Auto R Sport with
Fixed panoramic roof, privacy glass, black pack 20" black venoms
black\red interior, 350mm front brakes, Heated front windscreen and washer jets
Hang on! Nice car coming your way but...

That's quite an options list you have there but you appear to be missing something very, very important - full configurable dynamics. You want to be able have full choice about your suspension settings and not just throttle. Believe me, it's the first option to tick before almost any of the others.

Arianne

·
Registered
688 Posts
on this point, is the Adaptive dynamics making a noticeable difference on the 2.0L models?

I've spec'd it on mine mainly borne from the fact I went for the 22"s

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Test drive a 3.0d with full adaptive dynamics and 22" wheels, loved it. Jumped out and immediately drove a 2.0d R-sport without the dynamic pack on 19" wheels and it was so, so. It was fidgety and a tad unsettled over imperfect surfaces. It still cornered well but that's because of the stiff suspension which you pay for with that unsettled ride. Get the adaptive dynamics and all of your problems disappear. You can select your settings - normal for boring journeys along motorways in comfort and sport settings for a drive along country roads to get the hairs on the back of your neck rising. And, because it monitors the status of the suspension hundreds of times each second, the ride is composed in real time as it responds to what you and the road surfaces throw at it. Amazing! And as an option, great value.

Honestly, you would be mad not to unless you've maxed out on your budget to simply get the base car and there's nothing left for options.

Regards

Arianne

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Is this adsr you refer? Cannot see any other options on the configurator for the S?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
F-Pace S said:
Is this adsr you refer? Cannot see any other options on the configurator for the S?
If you have the S version then full adaptive dynamics come as standard, only ADSR needs to be added (why wouldn't you at £155 even though few of us will use it and most of us don't really understand what it does!)

But the OP has ordered a 2..0d R-Sport. On this model you need to spend some money getting the dynamics right and that should, in my opinion, be the priority. Think concrete motorway on the M1 north of Leeds or cats eyes as you change lane or the local councils roads.

Arianne

·
Registered
105 Posts
Phew!! Thought I'd missed something on my options list for a moment so had to go and check...
On the R Sport the Adaptive Dynamics Pack includes the Adaptive Surface Response.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HI All again

I was told in June Delivery was around Jan Feb 2017 time, although it could be earlier (and that's if I lock down the build\colour
I have considered the dynamics - I was told this is for more off road used and also if you choose the 22's then a more comfortable ride
I have maxed out the budget but lets see if I can find a bit more in the pot - I do have a question dealer had said when I put a deposit down that this would beat the price increase - can I ask does anyone know when it did increase as when I put the options on a couple of weeks ago the costs seemed more

·
Registered
105 Posts
The price increased in June. From memory, I think it was round week 3...
I ordered at the beginning of July and locked down the spec. My build date has been brought forward to October :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Arianne said:
Test drive a 3.0d with full adaptive dynamics and 22" wheels, loved it. Jumped out and immediately drove a 2.0d R-sport without the dynamic pack on 19" wheels and it was so, so. It was fidgety and a tad unsettled over imperfect surfaces. It still cornered well but that's because of the stiff suspension which you pay for with that unsettled ride.
I'm finding this on the '16 plate Volvo XC60 R-Sport the dealer has lent me and that's riding on 18's!!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
PaulC said:
Arianne said:
Test drive a 3.0d with full adaptive dynamics and 22" wheels, loved it. Jumped out and immediately drove a 2.0d R-sport without the dynamic pack on 19" wheels and it was so, so. It was fidgety and a tad unsettled over imperfect surfaces. It still cornered well but that's because of the stiff suspension which you pay for with that unsettled ride.
I'm finding this on the '16 plate Volvo XC60 R-Sport the dealer has lent me and that's riding on 18's!!
So our car is an XC60 R-design Lux with 20" wheels. The difference between the passive F-Pace suspension and the Volvo is that the F-Pace was designed to be balanced as an SUV right from the beginning. Even without adaptive dynamics, the F-Pace is miles more composed than the XC60 with its stiffened suspension in R-design spec.

But, and this is the important point, when we test drove the F-Pace 2.0d without full configurable dynamics, it still felt like the XC60 to some extent. In an SUV, if you want the ability to go around bends without wallowing and understeer then the only solutions are either to simply stiffen the suspension and suffer an unsettled ride all of the time or incorporate a sophisticated dynamic suspension system.

Having owned our R-design XC60 with passive suspension for 2.5yrs, I know that spending the extra in Jaguar's fabulous configurable dynamics system is an option that is essential, in my book.

Regards

Arianne

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Thanks Arianne, peace of mind settled, still cannot remember if I did ADSr but it doesn't sound so important!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
^ no problem.

And while I am on the subject, sat in a friends new Lexus NX a few nights ago. That was also poor for the ride balance. The Lexus NX set up with passive stiff suspension because of all the battery packs upsetting the centre of gravity!

Arianne

·
Registered
184 Posts
Arianne said:
jonesy said:
HI All I am a new member I have ordered back in June 26th
F-Pace 2L AWD Auto R Sport with
Fixed panoramic roof, privacy glass, black pack 20" black venoms
black\red interior, 350mm front brakes, Heated front windscreen and washer jets
Hang on! Nice car coming your way but...

That's quite an options list you have there but you appear to be missing something very, very important - full configurable dynamics. You want to be able have full choice about your suspension settings and not just throttle. Believe me, it's the first option to tick before almost any of the others.

Arianne
Yes, but make sure you option adaptive dynamics not configurable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts