Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after a week at the dealers she's back home a list of things sorted and and the drive home that was as entertaining as hoped for after a 2D XE for the last four days, BTW very impressed with handling on the XE, less with the lack of puff but to be fair it is 190bhp down on the SC and it did feel spritely for a 2D.

diff oil seals replaced, drive shaft oil seal replaced, new bracket for the exhaust, new coolant header tank, ITCP s/w upgrade done.... everything works the petrol vapour smell has gone, so all is well.

deliberately went the long way home down the twisties and had some fun :lol:

Meridian 825 cranked up listening to some well produced XX and it sounded great, but then had to turn it down to listen to the exhaust rasp, the noise is intoxicating :D

A 1000 miles in, the drive is never anything less than awesome, i am hoping it has finished on the naughty step and we have bedded in and resolved the mechanical issues and i can get on with enjoying it!

oh and CARL I had the mud (cowsh) guards fitted, the ones your admire :shock: :eek: :D

The dealer service dept redeemed themselves yesterday afternoon and today with good information flow (which they instigated) and when i picked the car I was told to go out for a decent meal and they will foot the bill as a good will gesture.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
The Gman said:
so after a week at the dealers she's back home a list of things sorted and and the drive home that was as entertaining as hoped for after a 2D XE for the last four days, BTW very impressed with handling on the XE, less with the lack of puff but to be fair it is 190bhp down on the SC and it did feel spritely for a 2D.

diff oil seals replaced, drive shaft oil seal replaced, new bracket for the exhaust, new coolant header tank, ITCP s/w upgrade done.... everything works the petrol vapour smell has gone, so all is well.

deliberately went the long way home down the twisties and had some fun :lol:

Meridian 825 cranked up listening to some well produced XX and it sounded great, but then had to turn it down to listen to the exhaust rasp, the noise is intoxicating :D

A 1000 miles in, the drive is never anything less than awesome, i am hoping it has finished on the naughty step and we have bedded in and resolved the mechanical issues and i can get on with enjoying it!

oh and CARL I had the mud (cowsh) guards fitted, the ones your admire :shock: :eek: :D

The dealer service dept redeemed themselves yesterday afternoon and today with good information flow (which they instigated) and when i picked the car I was told to go out for a decent meal and they will foot the bill as a good will gesture.
Hurrah!!

Pleased for you (and us!)

;)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Well that's good news and sounds pretty good by the dealer.
I'm so ready to join you. Been a crazy long wait.
If I can get it in time I've even convinced the wife we might do 4/5 days in Wales on a break :)
Apart from being Welsh the only reason to want to visit ? Yes the roads and chance to put 600 miles on in one go

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Thanks is fantastic news, really pleased for you. Just hoping mine will not be so eventful when it turns up

·
Registered
143 Posts
F-Pace S said:
Thanks is fantastic news, really pleased for you. Just hoping mine will not be so eventful when it turns up
Hi F Pace. Not many of us choosing IRR with Black Pack and silver wheels. Post a pic when you get it. Mines not due till the dark days of December.
Pleased GMan got the issues sorted. Also hoping JLR have solved the teething troubles.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Well done for getting it all sorted (and keeping sane!) . . and the good news is that now you get to enjoy driving it for the "first time" all over again! . . cue the music, pedal to the metal...... :arrow: :arrow: :evil: :cool: :D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Timbo62 said:
F-Pace S said:
Hi F Pace. Not many of us choosing IRR with Black Pack and silver wheels. Post a pic when you get it. Mines not due till the dark days of December.
Pleased GMan got the issues sorted. Also hoping JLR have solved the teething troubles.
Will do Timbo, I like light wheels, and black pack seems to work well with IRR...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts