Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've placed on order a new f pace (as per my signature) for March delivery.
Having owned JLR vehicles in the past a discovery 3 and my present car a Evoque so I'm well used to there build quality :?
Before my build gets locked in, I have a few questions Which need answering please.

1. Without mood lighting: does the dashboard vents have the LED strip.

2. Without mood lighting: do you get the LED strips in the centre dash area.

3. How would you rate the standard 80w sound system. I've got the Meridian 380w system in my Evoque which I don't rate very highly, some of you have commented that the sound isn't as good in the f pace so I don't went to waste my money on an option that gets little use.

4. Is the dashboard material real leather. The dealer says it is, but I'm not convinced.

5. Do you get the 2 USB changeing sockets in the rear ( under the air vents) as standard.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Doug said:
Hi everyone,

I've placed on order a new f pace (as per my signature) for March delivery.
Having owned JLR vehicles in the past a discovery 3 and my present car a Evoque so I'm well used to there build quality :?
Before my build gets locked in, I have a few questions Which need answering please.

1. Without mood lighting: does the dashboard vents have the LED strip.

2. Without mood lighting: do you get the LED strips in the centre dash area.

3. How would you rate the standard 80w sound system. I've got the Meridian 380w system in my Evoque which I don't rate very highly, some of you have commented that the sound isn't as good in the f pace so I don't went to waste my money on an option that gets little use.

4. Is the dashboard material real leather. The dealer says it is, but I'm not convinced.

5. Do you get the 2 USB changeing sockets in the rear ( under the air vents) as standard.
1. I don't think so. Just the doors. You need configurable mood lighting to have the vents and strip across the glove compartment illuminated, plus central tunnel bins and section around the rotary gear dial.

2. You do get the strips across the bottom of the buttons on the centre stack. See image below. Yellow lighting is the additional stuff around the gear dial, light blue on the centre stack is standard.

3. Poor. Really poor, sorry. We spent 75mins in the R-sport F-Pace on Saturday and we tweaked the three band tonal adjustment as best we could. It wasn't great.

4. No, faux leather but looks very good. Probably better to be faux as leather would need careful treatment in that sunny position. Few cars offer this except as an extra..... and as an extra other manufacturers charge a fortune.

5. Yes, you do.

I would be grateful if others could confirm this so you are not just relying on me.

Regards,

Arianne

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Two things,

Pay extra for mood lighting, it's worth it in my eyes.

Second, the sound system in your Evoque will be better then the same system in the Fpace so go for the 825 system as this will be similar to the 380 system you have in the Evoque, I had an Evoque with the 825 system and it blows away the 825 watt system I have I the Fpace.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replys.
Mood lighting it is. What's another £205 when my budget went out of the window weeks ago.
As for the sound system, this car will only be used at the weekend to carry my kids a around ( my Evoque has only done 15k in 5 years) so I will stick with the standard system. Of course if money was no object when the pro system with its digital dash is a great toy to have.

I'm sure I've have more questions to ask before March.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just been out for my first night drive - the configurable mood lighting is fab - you won't regret it. I am also loving the Jaguar Puddle Lights from the door mirrors.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Growler said:
Just been out for my first night drive - the configurable mood lighting is fab - you won't regret it. I am also loving the Jaguar Puddle Lights from the door mirrors.
We reckon the Leaper would have been more sexy, rather than 'JAGUAR'

·
Registered
192 Posts
Agree - but it still looks special. The Leaper would look a little sexier, but maybe also mean a more significant unlit area - so slightly less functional?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The one option I regret not having is mood lighting. I even checked to see if I could have it fitted retrospectively but apparently it's a factory fit option only. For the price I should have gone with it.

Incidentally I am in a loaner at the moment while they fix a few niggles (IRR 3.0d S) and it has a few things that my own 3.0d S does not.

Sunroof - I dont miss this on my own car.
Standard Incontrol - Doesnt seem to suit the car in comparison to my Incontrol touch pro - so glad I upgraded to the 380W
No Cupholders - Glad I got mine - car seems cheap without them
Advanced Parking Assist Pack - not really had a chance to try it out but liked the beeps when squeezing through tight spots

The loaner is 4000 miles in compared to my 1000. Maybe imagination but car seems more responsive and is even faster.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This forum isn't going to do my bank balance any good. Not only added mood lighting but I've now changed my mine and adding the 380w system.
Going to the dealers later this week to confirm my build and to pay 4K deposit (on top of the 1k I've already paid) before the order is sent over to Jaguar.
Any one else had to pay 5k as a deposit. I did question it with the dealer and was told it's their policy on all orders :shock:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Haven't heard of anyone in here paying £5k deposit. Have heard anything from £0 - £3000 I think.

·
Registered
419 Posts
£1000.00 is all I was asked for.................................and all that I paid.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I only had to pay £1k deposit too.

Incidentally, when I test drove the Macan, the dealer wanted a £2k deposit, with 10% payable on build date and another 10% before shipment (oh, and I had to pay for the fuel for the test drive!).
Told them they could poke the noisy ugly thing

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just the £1k here too.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Doug said:
This forum isn't going to do my bank balance any good. Not only added mood lighting but I've now changed my mine and adding the 380w system.
Going to the dealers later this week to confirm my build and to pay 4K deposit (on top of the 1k I've already paid) before the order is sent over to Jaguar.
Any one else had to pay 5k as a deposit. I did question it with the dealer and was told it's their policy on all orders :shock:
Which dealer? I had the same deposit with mine at Lancaster Sevenoaks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was asked at order for £1000 and told that a further £4000 would be required on lock down. The dealer has never asked for the additional £4000. My car is due at the dealers around now with collection planned for 1st Nov. The dealer will wait for the full amount on or just before collection.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.