Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needs a fairly hefty chunk of finance to purchase. Do I want to take on the new debt with such financial uncertainty? Head says cancel and wait and see what happens. Heart says YOLO - I want my car!
Having said that, will the situation be any clearer in 12 months? I seriously doubt it.

What are the dealers attitude towards cancelling - are they likely to want me to forfeit my deposit? They still haven't given me a build date yet - so it's not exactly locked in!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Dealer will refund deposit - or should do no questions asked almost

Personally Brexit when it happens hasn't made a jot of difference to my thinking
If your jobs safe then nothing's changed risk wise - still same price and same finance

·
Registered
117 Posts
Go for it. If you cancel, you may loose your deposit. Then a new order at new price, plus of course the new VED rules for cars costing £40 k plus. I was a stay supporter, but after the initial weeks or months of turmoil things will settle down. Life goes on.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Bonkers said:
Needs a fairly hefty chunk of finance to purchase. Do I want to take on the new debt with such financial uncertainty? Head says cancel and wait and see what happens. Heart says YOLO - I want my car!
Having said that, will the situation be any clearer in 12 months? I seriously doubt it.

What are the dealers attitude towards cancelling - are they likely to want me to forfeit my deposit? They still haven't given me a build date yet - so it's not exactly locked in!
+1

Lots to consider not worried about my salary (yet) but bonus hmmm....

Same thought defer 12 months or dive in?

Want the car but there in all probability going to be a slow down the question is, is it a marked one....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Here's the thing - if anything, this is going to drive prices up. Parts will be more expensive to come by etc... Now it probably a better time to buy before they have to hike the prices. Of course wait long enough, and they may tank entirely, and you can pick one up when closing dealerships are trying to clear out inventory ;)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
It's too difficult to call right now and time is needed to see how it all settles down.

The best thing is to keep a watching brief and keep your options open. If things start to go sour or your personal situation is exposed to adverse change (e.g. employer reduces or moves job across to mainland Europe as will be the case with some City financial institutions) then you will have the flexibility to take a less risky approach.

If I understood how these things worked I would be a pal of Warren Buffet. I do wonder whether APR on finance might increase now due to the uncertainty and the pressure on the liquidity of UK banks? Shame as I think Jaguar review their offers every quarter and the next one is 1 July.

Best wishes with your choices.

Arianne

·
Registered
458 Posts
We all need to be careful that we don't succumb to 'project fear' after the event.
If everybody sits on their hands and wait to see - it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy - if 10 people here cancel their orders (for no other reason than 'uncertainty') thats 500K off the order books. scale that up across all areas and all of a sudden it is portrayed as British economy tanks following Brexit and all of the doom and gloom really sets in. That is your homegrown recession on the way.

If your circumstances haven't changed then the key is to push on and try to help keep things stable - it also helps that it is a British product and helps our economy. If you need something to convince you between an FP or a macan or an X3 you got your answer on Friday.
Buy British!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Arianne said:
It's too difficult to call right now and time is needed to see how it all settles down.

The best thing is to keep a watching brief and keep your options open. If things start to go sour or your personal situation is exposed to adverse change (e.g. employer reduces or moves job across to mainland Europe as will be the case with some City financial institutions) then you will have the flexibility to take a less risky approach.

If I understood how these things worked I would be a pal of Warren Buffet. I do wonder whether APR on finance might increase now due to the uncertainty and the pressure on the liquidity of UK banks? Shame as I think Jaguar review their offers every quarter and the next one is 1 July.

Best wishes with your choices.

Arianne
Sterling will be propped up if necessary and there may be quantitive easing if necessary. Borrowing will remain cheap and may get even cheaper. Investors won't want to put money in banks so will look to continue to invest in equity and that will prop up the stock market. Mark Carney will ensure we remain inflationary. Some of the larger banks will move some staff (I work in this area and already know of one major US bank planning a big staff move to Paris) but the effect will be minimal and all the hedge funds love chaos and deregulation so they will make hay.

Don't worry peoples. It's a blip. Go out and buy your cars.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
. . . agreed, we all really just have to hold our nerve now; this is a storm, but it will pass . . . there will be damage, but the sun will shine again.
I'm not going to over-react one way or the other. We are all in this together regardless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts