Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Carl

I have been following the forum and particularly your posts with interest and some trepidation and took delivery of of my 3.0 Diesel on September 2nd. Unfortunately before I had even driven it off the forecourt the Jaguar garage had to take it back into the workshop to do something to my software to get my iPhone to connect properly. Since then at times I have had no Sat Nav nor have I had the ability to make or receive calls or the whole system does not start up at all among many other faults.

To top it all it went for detailing on Saturday and the detailer said he felt the leatherwork on mine was particularly poor with very sloppy workmanship. I myself had a concern about this but when someone who has detailed several other F paces points out what he see as defects you think enough is enough. After just over 300 miles you can see exactly where I have been sitting and at 9 stone I am hardly a heavyweight! There are creases in the leather where I am getting in and out and puckered leather under stitching and bulges of loose leather in both front and rear seating. It is appalling really on a car of this value.

The net result is that I have been in proud possession of the car for 10 days and by tomorrow I will be given a courtesy car while they take it back in. I can't see a quick fix. As I said to the garage I am gutted and I really regret changing from my Audi Q5 to this heap of trouble.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
That's really bad luck, your the first person I have heard or read with interior seat issues, any chance of some pictures on here before it goes away, it will certainly help others.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll take some in the morning and then work out how to post them on here!! My offside passenger door is also misaligned so I will take a photo of that too. I had the 825W Meridian, the the opening pano roof etc and in the end I think the car cost just shy of £60,000. You just do not expect this poor level of workmanship or so many software issues. I don't even accept the excuse that it is a new model of car. The system and parts should be tested thoroughly before it is brought to market. Failure of say the bluetooth on a brand new car so you can't even drive the car legally is just not acceptable. Regards

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
SJN, firstly.....deep breaths and secondly so sorry despite our warnings you are suffering. I personally didn't want any other car so expected failure from the car and boy I got it. That does not mean JLR are off the hook since you cannot knowingly sell faulty goods and you have sufficient evidence from here to reject the car for your money back if you so wish. What you must do is record and detail everything you can. Times dates of failures, email dealer evidence. Many of my videos I stated date time mileage. I even recorded to the dealer that prior to collection all patches, software updates, squeaky suspension fixes were actioned........I was told yes! Personally I'm in this for the long haul and will get the £63k car fault free that I ordered!....hopefully? I've not had issues with my seats but will check mine out having a 15 stones lightweight climbing in and out over 2,500 miles. It may be worth asking your detailer for a small fee if they would prepare a report and add your photos. If we can help in your short/ long term goal of reject and money back, or reject with end target of working car then ask away for support and advice. You will need to record EVERYTHING as it happens and support with photos, primarily you need to decide if you want the battle or not. It can be annoying and frustrating but I've done it before, I'll do it again until JLR learn the hard way! Here to help! ;)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hi SJN. What bad luck. You can see in another thread the list of issues I'm experiencing after 10 days.

Leather trim however is not one of them. In fact mine is perfect. It's one of the bits I love the most. How very strange that two almost identical cars delivered on the same day can be so different in this regard.

Come on JLR. Really.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have heard that seats were replaced under warranty on early evoques with similar issues. Upto 1 year old at least.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
It looks like someone either fitted the wrong foam or a poor batch, I would be expecting the seat to be changed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here are some photos of the misaligned door and some of the leather seats after 300 miles. I wrote a letter as you suggested Carl with as much detail as I could recall with mileage (I had taken notes fortunately) and Jaguar collected the car today.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I would ask to compare to other similar models in the showroom or compound to satisfy you and the dealer you have a problem. Yours does look a tad baggy?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Oh ... the leather. ...

well, I had the off siderear passenger seat base changed recently due to bits flking off (is only how I can describe it), wasn't fussed much once they agreed to replace it, as was starting to stain as well... which is bizarre as it was a brown colour.. and no one wears brown in the family, or maybe it's the natural sign the leather is knackered...

anyway got the vehicle back: leather and creaking were fixed together, to then visually see 'defects' in the leather on the front passenger seat, when queried this with the Jag dealer I was told it's rare but the cow/bull it came from had scars and now it's come through the treated leather...

anyway, it prompted me to check all the leather, and I do have signs of wearing (sagging & creasing) but maybe not as bad as what has been posted, but for me ifnit gets worse I will simply keep putting it back to the dealer till they get the hint we FPacer's ain't suckers, and if they can't get it right first time then shame on them, but, I'm done playing their game and towing their line, I pad 70k for mine RSS included and some other accessories, no way am I letting them (JLR) or dealer etc get away with anything less then what I paid for, wanted, expected; at this level.

My back end creaking started at about 800 miles and from 801-2000miles I lost the passion to own or even drive her, however,. after driving near 400 miles after the fix I can say the passion is definitely back, but the issues everyone keeps posting, mounting on ridiculous, does put owning the vehicle in the league of having a baby chimp, throwing shit everywhere too often.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
An update to my post. Jaguar took my car back in last week. They took videos themselves of the leather work and the in control pro not working. I am having some of the leatherwork replaced and apparently the garage will get a software update from Jaguar by the end of this week or early next week that will fix the faults! I was told that Jaguar have been surprised at the number of cars delivered at the beginning of September that have problems! I have had my car for 10 days and will be without it for 2 weeks or so. Here's hoping I get back a car that works!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts