Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi,

No. 1 re: the above states:
"Shoddy Jag infotainment is a thing of the past
If you own a Jaguar - a new XE perhaps - you'll have noticed that it's blighted by an unresponsive touchscreen and Fisher Price graphics. But no longer do you have to suffer such atrocities - the F-Type has a new-generation infotainment system called InControl Touch. Actually the top-spec InControl Touch Pro is the one to go for with its 10.2-inch widescreen, erm, screen that features crystal clear graphics and does without buttons altogether."

I'm not going for pro because I'm not techy and I didn't think I would use all it has to offer. Does anyone know if the ordinary In Control Touch is new generation as suggested by the description above or is it the Fisher Price graphics version.

I'm a bit worried because the XE is quite new so if it's got the old system then surely this is what will be in the FP.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
203 Posts
For all those wondering if it'll fit in their garage, item 9 is...

It's wider than a Lamborghini

No really, it is. The Huracan to be precise, and it's girthier than the Merc GLS too - that's the big one formerly known as the GL. Put that into actual numbers and at 4731mm long it sits somewhere between the XE and XF saloons, as does its 2874mm wheelbase, but at 1936mm and 1652mm respectively it's significantly wider and taller than both. Whichever way you measure it, it's bigger than the Porsche Macan, but thanks to an 80 per cent aluminium structure the 3.0 supercharged V6 model we drove weighs 1861kg - 80kg less than the equivalent Macan.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes read that, now I am wondering if it is going to be just a mite too wide for squeezing past the inevitable white vans down our tiddly lanes, our Q3 is easy, the Disco Sport is reasonable...the F-Pace...hmm?

Test drive might be interesting, and scary for the salesman :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
It is wide. It's only 45mm narrower than a Range Rover sport.
Now one of the reasons I got rid of the sport was because of the width. My wife couldn't get on with it and found it tough with the narrow roads and difficulty in parking it near where we live.
Supermarket / multi-storey car parks are a very tight squeeze........!
We shall see after she's driven it......I might have to buy two new cars :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is the one thing that worries me. Car looks wonderful, everything seems ideal but if it is too wide for narrow lanes here and tight parking it will sway my decision which is a real shame as I have an early delivery now. Test drive next week will be the big decision time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've added the surround camera system…people have suggested it's a gimmick item but I've found it a really useful aid in my 530d…helps to ensure you've parked centrally in spaces and a god send when trying to manoeuvre in and out of any tight spots. I've had the car 3 years and thanks in part to the cameras I've never kerbed a wheel or scrapped any paintwork.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Surround cameras great for manoeuvring in tight spaces but not much use just driving around.
The size of the car is not an issue for me but if my wife refuses to drive it it'll be sat around for days on end if I don't need to drive it. I suppose that will at least keep the mileage down!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts