Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just booked the 5 year service at Jaguar Hull to be told that spark plug replacement cost is not covered by the service plan, even though check/replace spark plugs is mentioned in the documentation. Very disappointed yet again - The service plan for our Merc covers everything required in the service schedule - even the auto transmission service.

·
Registered
42 Posts
For the 4th service, I was charged for an engine air filter as I was told it was not included in the plan. I protested but reluctantly paid up. I found my copy of the plan a month later which showed the part was covered, and I was refunded after chasing three times. The wording for the plugs for the 5th year is unhelpful. If I have to pay for the plugs, I only expect to pay for the parts as I assume that to 'check' them includes removal - the labour content should be the same. After year 5, I hope that there is a good independent garage in the west Surrey area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just had my 3rd year service - been looking for a service report but can't find one - just a summary of oil and filter changes on the service web site. Do such things exist these days?
Regarding the refusal to check and change the plugs, I would have thought that if its stated that this is included in the Service Plan then there is surely a contractural obligation to do it?
When discussing a possible trade in a couple of months back, I asked about the Service Plan which had three services left at the time and I was told that it lapses when the car is sold - end of story. The sales guy scoffed at the Service Plan idea and said that it was no longer offerred and would not be repeated.
This is my first Jag and the way things are shaping (reports on the forum do little to inspire my confidence) it will be my last. There seems to be a remote aloofness in Jaguar dealerships - three years a customer and would be hard pressed to say that I'm valued as such. My previous Audi experiences where altogether different.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The service plan documentation is very vague stating check/change spark plugs. According to the service advisor the service plan is a savings pot and there isn't enough left to pay for the plug change. I have PM'd @[email protected] to see if they can clear this up. If it is correct it's very annoying our Merc SL'S service plan costs £33 a month and everything is covered.
Mark

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally resolved. I emailed the welcome letter that documents the spark plug check replace to EMaC and got the following reply.
Please accept our apologies, the customer contract does not mentioned the spark plug, however you rightly mentioned the Welcome letter, which is a separate document.

Please show this Welcome letter to the approve dealer & request to have your check/replace spark plug if required. If they require any confirmation from EMac, please ask them to contact use the below number.
After showing my dealer this they have agreed to cover cost of the spark plug change.
Mark

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
Well done but why these dears do this, it just leaves a bad experience and your likely not to buy from them again, they should have said let us contact Jaguar and find out for you.

So unprofessional.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Redkitty,
I think you might want to speak to your scoffing dealer to get his fact right! Lapses poppycock.

4. The Service Plan attaches to the Vehicle and therefore will transfer to any subsequent owners of the Vehicle. It is not transferable to another vehicle, whether owned by you or anyone else.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
5th year service completed today, including the spark plugs, asked for the old ones to be retained and I was quite surprised how sooty they were. The car’s running much better now, glad I argued the point with them.
Mark

·
Registered
125 Posts
5th year service completed today, including the spark plugs, asked for the old ones to be retained and I was quite surprised how sooty they were. The car’s running much better now, glad I argued the point with them.
Mark
I've just had my 5th year service under the plan. I have to admit I just rely the dealer doing what it's suppose to do as my mechanical knowledge is limited. As you mention spark plugs, would a dealer change them even if the old ones look okay? I just wondered as I'm a low mileage driver, just under 29K, and sometimes think considering how quick the services get done if scheduled parts aren't changed if all is well!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Changing the spark plugs is quite a job on the supercharged engine so it would be false economy not to change them. If the owner doesn’t mention them I suspect they accidentally get missed.
The service with plugs took them 2 1/2 hours
Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.