Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

4g and Wi-Fi

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  tim4lymm 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking for some guidance
I have incontrol set up on PC also have access to incontrol remote.

I can see LIVE on pc the apps however this is where it stops?

can’t login to navigation with email (registered on Jaguar here)
Can’t login to live in car?

have 4g icon and full bars, and also when connected to house Wi-Fi still can’t login to navigation or live?
Also tried with different 4g sim, still no joy?
Vehicle Automotive design Gadget Font Personal luxury car

looked at Wi-Fi settings and DNS 2 is missing?

totally lost
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Multimedia

See less See more
#2 ·
Login to "here" is not directly possible.

After you set an account up with 'incontrol' , it can take up to 36hrs before you can access the " Jaguar Route Planner ".

Has nothing to do with DNS settings of your cars wifi..

Please make a 'signature' in your profile. Ad data on your car like year/type/engine trimlevel. Just so everybody knows the goalposts..

#3 ·
Login to "here" is not directly possible.

After you set an account up with 'incontrol' , it can take up to 36hrs before you can access the " Jaguar Route Planner ".

Has nothing to do with DNS settings of your cars wifi..

Please make a 'signature' in your profile. Ad data on your car like year/type/engine trimlevel. Just so everybody knows the goalposts..

#5 ·
Does your sim support data?
have you tried connecting to your house Wi-Fi rather than via the sim?

#8 · (Edited)
I would not use the webbrowser in the car to login to "here.maps". Just go behind a desktop/laptop. From the picture of your cardisplay I can see "4G" ,
its inverted to what I'm used to (continent), but it seems to refer to an onboard simcard. Did you try the navigation itself already, in the car ?
Look for settings/navigation, its under the two 'meshing wheels' symbol.

But if you just go to navigation, it must ask you to login to an account : that is the same pw etc as "in control".

So go to navigation, if it doesn't ask you to log in, try to go to the " rubic cube symbol" , that gives you access to more settings.

The online manual must have something for you to work with also (profiles eg) :

As it says, if your 'in control' account is functional, you can login also "here" ;)

[/URL]

.. and for maps/updates try to login (top RH side on screen):

#9 ·
@Shooper47

Sorry, I completely overlooked the issue.. You can not connect to internet from the car it seems ?

Try something different.

Go into your mobile. Pair your car with bleutooth to your phone. You have to go to phone BT pairing in the car menu also.

Also pair your car through WiFi with your car, by using your phone as a "hotspot" ; this might elope safety settings in your home internet router
that might hinder directly connecting the car to your home internet.

You don't need a 'life' 4G connection from the carsim, to connect with WiFi of the car to an outside hotspot.

If you still can not log into your navigation system in the car, through the navigation directly, I would go to a dealer if I where you, or a local indy..

#11 ·
Have they escalated to Jaguar technical for assistance? I hear this so often with dealers, unable to use SDD or Pathfinder to do anything "out of the ordinary". Took my local dealer 2 attempts to add a new key fob.

#13 · (Edited)
I had the same issue when the car stopped talking to the outside world ( August 2020).
I contacted Jaguar tech support and they told me to take the car in to the dealer for a TCU software update, which I did and it worked. They did have a spare TCU on hand but it wasn't needed.
They have to plug the car into the JLR network and then book a slot with an online tech support person, who sorts the software out over the net.
Car has been fine since.
Incidentally, the dealer explained that they couldn't give me a timescale as it was out of their control, dependant on availabilty of the JLR tech support slots and their ability to sort it.
Fortunately, it was done overnight and successful - I got the car back the following day. Good luck !.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.