Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-britishcars/range-rover-sport-my17-updates/34801

Range Rover Sport is now available with a four-cylinder diesel, the Ingenium engine seen in the XE but with another turbo. Because, let's be honest, traditionalists may not be all that receptive to a four-cylinder Range Rover.

The numbers are competitive enough at least. The SD4 has 240hp and 369lb ft, enough for a predicted eight-second dash to 62mph, 128mph flat out, 45.6mpg and 164g/km. For reference, an XC90 D5 makes 235hp and 354lb ft, but is fractionally quicker and more efficient. For keen spotters, the four-cylinder diesel Sport is identifiable by two exhaust pipes on one side; all other models have one on each side.

The updated Sport goes on sale later this year, with prices starting at £59,700 for the SD4 diesel HSE. Yep, £60K for the four-cylinder diesel. The V6 diesel kicks off at £63,100 for the HSE, rising to £80,300 for the Autobiography Dynamic.

I might have considered that if it had been available on an F-Pace for a mid point value between the standard Ingenium and the V6

Oh, added....
"The supercharged V6 petrol also joins the range, available only as an HSE Dynamic at £64,400. "

·
Registered
473 Posts
Likewise might have considered the SC RRS but if I am getting 18mpg average I guess it will be13/14 with my right foot and the additional weight....

·
Registered
142 Posts
The Gman said:
Likewise might have considered the SC RRS but if I am getting 18mpg average I guess it will be13/14 with my right foot and the additional weight....
True and don't forget the circular £14k premium on the price, before extras.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Last week I took my 2.0d to JE Enginnering in Coventry and they did an ECU re-map on my Ingenuum with the manual box.

The upshot is an increase to BHP to around 210-220 and the torque to around 490-500. It has reduced the 0-60 by a second, smoothed out first gear (which was a bit jerky) and really improved the mid-range acceleration.

Great service, no discernible change in the mpg, in fact the only change is an even bigger smile on my face - loving the extra grunt, shame they didn't do it in the factory!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Vetinari said:
Last week I took my 2.0d to JE Enginnering in Coventry and they did an ECU re-map on my Ingenuum with the manual box.

The upshot is an increase to BHP to around 210-220 and the torque to around 490-500. It has reduced the 0-60 by a second, smoothed out first gear (which was a bit jerky) and really improved the mid-range acceleration.

Great service, no discernible change in the mpg, in fact the only change is an even bigger smile on my face - loving the extra grunt, shame they didn't do it in the factory!
How does this sit with your warranty?

Can you change back to standard easily and back to the remap as I guess your need to do this at each service if they find anything out of ordinary?

Would be interested to hear as looking at a slight push on my 3 litre diesel.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ruski said:
The Gman said:
True and don't forget the circular £14k premium on the price, before extras.
But interestingly with the same amount of deposit on LR PCH the monthly cots was within £20 per month for a RRS HSE Dynamic V the FP S either SC or D, with the Rangie being approx £12.5k more when specced the same. That was September 2015, I don't know if it would be the case now......

Says something about how JLR saw depreciation on the RRS V FP at that point....

·
Registered
948 Posts
Having had the RRS in 3.0L hi-power form would I have considered this new 4cyl version?

NO is the simple answer, at this price and this caliber of car such a small engine is IMO beneath it, I would love the attention people might bestow on the car but would gladly side step any of the questions relating to the engine. :oops:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Vetinari said:

How does this sit with your warranty?

Can you change back to standard easily and back to the remap as I guess your need to do this at each service if they find anything out of ordinary?

Would be interested to hear as looking at a slight push on my 3 litre diesel.
Jag said to me it will void your warranty. I also asked JE back in July....they said it wasn't commonly an engine they tuned. I said what happens at service or warranty work, she said JLR will spot it and when a software update is carried out it will wipe JE remap and revert back to JLR standard mapping. JE will provide three free remaps. Well since my car will be on its third software update in 6 weeks that don't strike as great value as I'd only have one free spare remap - won't bother.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
luminated said:
Having had the RRS in 3.0L hi-power form would I have considered this new 4cyl version?

NO is the simple answer, at this price and this caliber of car such a small engine is IMO beneath it, I would love the attention people might bestow on the car but would gladly side step any of the questions relating to the engine. :oops:
I agree, it is a car that deserves a big engine, imagine starting your 4 cylinder up, when anyone who has any interest in cars is nearby, now that would be a let down!! Also as much as they quote mpg, I cannot see it saving much, it still has 2 tonnes to lug around!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
^The mpg figures are a farce, lugging around +2 ton will result in a set of figures barely any better than the 3 Ltr I'd bet..... unless you were Morgan Freeman in 'Driving Miss Dairy'.

·
Registered
688 Posts
luminated said:
..... unless you were Morgan Freeman in 'Driving Miss Dairy'.
is that the film he played a slow milkman? :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts