Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Ordered black 3ltr v6 diesel in October 2016 and paid deposit,, now have a build date of 15th July, delivery of 2nd week in August.
Is this out of the ordinary? I see others now have their 3ltr v6 diesels.
Seems a long, long time to wait when I am seeing other people order in April and get vehicles in a few months.
I will tell dealer to hold onto car until September and register it as a 66plate.
Droitwich listers is my dealer.

Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ordered mine at the end of September and picked it up from the dealership on the 25th June. That is about the same as your situation.
The time between build and delivery was quite short - built one week and delivered the next.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
That's not bad. The 3.0 diesels have only just started hitting in numbers. Note a lot of people here just getting them in June (was meant to be July - Sept) so I think your up there with not a huge wait though I'm sure it feels like it.

I'm on a petrol and ordered last year had my confirmed order 4th April. September delivery still !!
April was when books opened (or last day or so in March) so if the dealer was on ball he got slots filled early.
There were also delays to all 3 litres which were only due to fulfill parts by end of June but seems the diesels got sorted quicker.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Davie G 9 I placed deposit away back early April 2015 YES 2015 and have been informed this vehicle is on its way to the dealer 3 litre S diesel
and hopefully take delivery next week and if its not up to spec will have to think the next move. This is without doubt the worst experience I have ever had in purchasing a new vehicle from any manufacturer and feel genuinely sorry for the dealership who took my order they have been let down in a terrible way . The complete lack of info from the manufacturer is absolutely appalling and dare not to think if there is any warranty problems that may
arise. If this was a cheap runabout we are placing orders for perhaps I could understand but fail to comprehend a 60 thousand pound vehicle
with almost zero info from the manufacturer shame on them

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think without doubt a lot of the delays were down to the 3 litre engines but some dealers were on the ball and got orders in more quickly . I had to be quite assertive with mine who did come through eventually

Jag dealers by their previous experience/sales are generally more sleepy and less alert than Porsche or BMW and the overwhelming demand for the F Pace caught them out.

No excuses though they need to up their game and improve their service . Remember if you mark your dealer down with less than a 9 on the JLR feedback form they don't get their bonus !!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
There,s going to be a lot Jag dealers goin without their bonuses this year then, as it seems generally right across the UK, little or no info, dates being put back & generally poor service from 'a prestigious brand', not what you would expect & I can,t think of any plausible excuse. They expected high demand, so cater for it or at a minimum be honest & upfront with details.
Still only an anticipated delivery 358days !

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have had quite a long wait (2.0d, deposit early Nov 2015, build last week and delivery later this month) but to be fair have been kept fairly well informed and the schedule has been followed almost exactly so far. At deposit my dealer told me to expect September so never given false hope. Perhaps it is that which is the most annoying (i.e being told an early date only for it to be put back).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Placed my order Sept/October 2015 had it moved several times and it's now apparently settled on July 15th same as you, only difference is due to the jaguar factory close down for two weeks following this build date we may not get cars until early September. Not sure how true this is but the wait after build seems to be about 4 weeks depending on how long the dealer needs it. I'm really hoping mine is only two weeks after build but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the trend :( here's hoping we get them together!

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
FPTrevor wrote:
I had delivery 7 days after build date and dealer had it 3 days after build date

:shock: :eek: :shock: :?

Any body work alignment probs?
Sounds like they rushed it out :eek: :shock: was it a friday :roll:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Angelcakes1987 said:
FPTrevor said:
I had delivery 7 days after build date and dealer had it 3 days after build date
Send me some of your luck :lol: I so desperately want that!!
+1 build this week hopefully it would be great to get the car in July :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
473 Posts
DAVIEG9 said:
Ok, that's made me feel better.
Thought I was on my own and everyone else was getting there's.
Angel cakes - sorry it won't let me reply to the PM for some reason.
Deposit paid 14th September......

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered mine and paid deposit 15th September 2015 and it arrived unexpectedly at the dealers this week and I drove it home today. I can't remember my exact build date but I was looking at delivery end of July so this was a very pleasant surprise. But 10 months is still a long time to wait - worth it though now :) I've posted pics under Storm Grey S thread :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So had the phone call today, car has been built and should be with listers droitwich by end of next week. Was told a month ago delivery would probably be mid August.
So it's caught me on the hop a little bit, now need to service, wheel refurb and mop my X6 ready for sale.
Think I am going to get the dealer to hold it until the 66 plate release. Call me superficial but I don't really see the point of having a car for 4 weeks then it gets superseded by the new reg's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
DAVIEG9 said:
Angelcakes - have you had the call from droitwich aswell?
Hey yeah I did. Mine was on transporter yesterday to reach droitwich for Monday. Handover planned Saturday! I was also taken aback as they were talking 5th September handover! Got it in time for my birthday so I'm stoked! Hope all goes well for your handover!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Angelcakes1987 said:
DAVIEG9 said:
Hey yeah I did. Mine was on transporter yesterday to reach droitwich for Monday. Handover planned Saturday! I was also taken aback as they were talking 5th September handover! Got it in time for my birthday so I'm stoked! Hope all goes well for your handover!
Deposit down Sept '15. Missed first order call as dealer did not tell me when it was, spec didn't change anyhow. Built on 14th July (6 days earlier then anticipated) and currently languishing at Castle Bromwich gathering dust until they get back from shut-down. Scheduled delivery to the dealer 22nd August (well it is 20 miles down the road so that takes a month) can be escalated but I'm on holiday 1-12th August anyhow at which point I might as well wait until new reg

NOT HAPPY !!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
90 Posts
PaulC said:
Angelcakes1987 said:
DAVIEG9 said:
Deposit down Sept '15. Missed first order call as dealer did not tell me when it was, spec didn't change anyhow. Built on 14th July (6 days earlier then anticipated) and currently languishing at Castle Bromwich gathering dust until they get back from shut-down. Scheduled delivery to the dealer 22nd August (well it is 20 miles down the road so that takes a month) can be escalated but I'm on holiday 1-12th August anyhow at which point I might as well wait until new reg

NOT HAPPY !!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Virtual same story here - deposit paid 1st Sept 15. Dealer messed up. However have now taken delivery today! It's is gorgeous ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.