Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My order for S deisel has recently been put back a couple of months. Does anyone know if there are currently supply problems with that engine or its components? How many 3L D S cars have been handed over, shout if you've had yours. Dealer is investigating but thought I might get some info from other sources, thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I picked up my 3.0D S on 22 July. 3 weeks earlier than quoted when I placed my order.

·
Registered
19 Posts
16 June, one week late. 3.0D, not S model.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
By end of June all 3.0 engine shortage problems were rectified and cars getting built hence the glut arriving end of June and July. Many orders have come forward a few weeks, indeed mine came forward but car never got built in slot.
Be interesting to see what the dealer finds out but I thought there weren't any supply issues and seems so many on here all saying come forward early

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
My dealer has said that they will be booking my build slot for December to ensure delivery in January and a guaranteed handover for 1 March 2017. I tell you, my guy is proactive and on the money! He knows what he is doing.

Mine is a 3.0d V6 S.

Finalised my specification this weekend sitting in the conservatory on Saturday evening, cleared it with SWMBO with support from my 24yr old son and emailed it off to the dealer. Popping in on Thursday for a Cuppa, biscuits and chat. The dealer has promised that we will enjoy every minute of the buying experience all through to March 2017, and not just the handover itself.

So far, so good.

Arianne

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Arianne said:
My dealer has said that they will be booking my build slot for December to ensure delivery in January and a guaranteed handover for 1 March 2017. I tell you, my guy is proactive and on the money! He knows what he is doing.

Mine is a 3.0d V6 S.

Finalised my specification this weekend sitting in the conservatory on Saturday evening, cleared it with SWMBO with support from my 24yr old son and emailed it off to the dealer. Popping in on Thursday for a Cuppa, biscuits and chat. The dealer has promised that we will enjoy every minute of the buying experience all through to March 2017, and not just the handover itself.

So far, so good.

Arianne
Damn. Some fancy words used there. Enjoy the buying experience, promise and cup of tea !! Biscuits !!
Where about you from - just thinking the slightly quieter out of big town dealers just offer a bit more.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Mbadger77 ^

I think it may be a bit far for you - I live in the Scottish Borders and the local dealer is Clelands Jaguar, Galashiels (they're also a joint Volvo franchise on the same site). I think they're an award winning dealer of some description or another but I can see why when I read other folks' posts on the various threads. Having said that, they do pay for your UK flights if you end up buying a new or used car from them and fly up to see them - which is a USP.

You may be right about the dealers that are out of town. The other dealership that was decent back in April was JLR in Kendal, Cumbria - they're called Kentdale. Whereas the Jaguar dealer in Edinburgh was truly hopeless - I was interested in the F-Pace, my son was mildly interested in an XE R-sport and they let the two of us walk in and out of their showroom without even bothering to ask our names or seek our contact details!

I am a bit worried about the QA at the moment, have discussed it with the dealer because it seems to me that they are the 'firewall' that stands between my happiness and the issues at the factory gate in West Midlands. They've given me the evidence of their customer care, including examples and promised faithfully that there will always be a courtesy car there for us 100% of time, as needed. They contact me when they take delivery of an F-Pace that has features I have expressed an interest in so I can nip across and take a look.

I am rather looking forward to Thursday morning, if I am honest. And that's a good sign.

Best wishes, Arianne

PS. This is us with the Clelands demonstrator earlier in the year - we were given it for a whole morning! And then the IRR is the car we saw when visiting the other dealer Kentdale, Kendal JLR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts