Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have the same issue I have with my ITCP? Basically I regularly have to go into settings to reconnect the car to the SIM card and have 3g functionality. Is there a way for it to automatically connect when I start the car, should it be happening automatically or do I need to add this to my growing list of issues?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes it's a problem that's hopefully addressed in the software updates coming along in next week or two.
If you leave it then it will connect and disconnect almost endlessly
It's rubbish even in a good signal area.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine doesnt drop the connection but is about as strong a signal as a chocolate fire guard and dont get me started on the inability of it to pre empt traffic jams

·
Registered
458 Posts
crawfc said:
Mine doesnt drop the connection but is about as strong a signal as a chocolate fire guard and dont get me started on the inability of it to pre empt traffic jams
I think this is general problem - the traffic info - when you get it is good, very good, but you don't always get it when you need it!
The mobile data will connect automatically...but in it's own time, and then tune in and out randomly. Very poor! Hopefully fixed in the forthcoming patch. This will be some patch - hopefully not a sticking plaster where open heart surgery is clearly required.

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
jonty1625 said:
It's exactly why I did this in the meantime - lovely fast 4G with super solid connection... (of course I shouldn't have to but was getting too annoyed otherwise!)

http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1547
I too have a 4G mobile data connection, but I have found thatthe traffic still does not always update correctly - suspect that the issue may be the traffic module not recognising or forgetting the data connection and then not going for a refresh reliably enough?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Pos.k said:
jonty1625 said:
It's exactly why I did this in the meantime - lovely fast 4G with super solid connection... (of course I shouldn't have to but was getting too annoyed otherwise!)

http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1547
I too have a 4G mobile data connection, but I have found thatthe traffic still does not always update correctly - suspect that the issue may be the traffic module not recognising or forgetting the data connection and then not going for a refresh reliably enough?
TBH I don't have any issues with it - the wifi connection to my in-car wifi device is 100% solid and seems to refresh traffic pretty frequently - never driven into a jam I wasn't expecting, maybe the issue is a step back and the speed that traffic data is updated to the site they use, as opposed to how quickly is it downloaded to the vehicle?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have thought about that, but an A road I use regularly (A50 - Stoke to Derby) has painfully accurate traffic data that when it is on - is spot on - in yardage detail for delays where and for how far - and yet it misses major stuff on the M6 - when it does spot the traffic on the M6 or A500 it has some spectacular diversions down roads that even the people that live there don't know!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts