1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
380w with the inTouch Pro

·
Registered
410 Posts
Dave, I guess you did that in an XF? I keep forgetting I can pop in to the dealer and look at things like that to get an real idea...well too late now my locked config has been submitted !!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dal, I spent an 1 hr in a 2ltr and again 1hr in a 3ltr to get the feel for the engine trains etc

The 3 ltr had the upgrade music system, couldnt tell the difference to be honest - i do like my music - i have HK upgrade in the car I drive now

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks Dave, I have the Bose in my current 2013 Cayenne, I like something above the standard system but the 825w at another £800 ish seems a lot..

Might go and drive the 3.0L super charged F Type or XF to get a feel for the engine this weekend :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
XF was good, but higher revs at a steady 70 than my S class - 1500 bang on for S class and close to 2000 for the XF.

Off the line was about the same maybe a touch slower and certainly slower in mid range if put the boot down

I am assured the F pace will out pace (pardon the pun) the S class - will see what the tarmac road reviews say

·
Registered
154 Posts
DAL said:
Dave, I guess you did that in an XF? I keep forgetting I can pop in to the dealer and look at things like that to get an real idea...well too late now my locked config has been submitted !!
DAL don't believe your salesman (most have less information than you) when he says your order is locked, My family have worked for JLR for a long time now and orders do not get locked until 4-6 weeks before build week, that would mean a mid march build (at the latest) for you and a late march delivery which you know isn't going to happen.

Paul.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the 825w sound system in my evoque and it was brilliant. After two and a half years though, a couple of the speakers were starting to rattle and they needed some attention. I swopped it for an f type with the standard Jaguar system (as I couldn't find one with either meridian system at the time I was looking) and it is poor in comparison, perhaps unsurprisingly.

I'll definitely go for the 825w when I order an f pace

·
Registered
948 Posts
I've the 825w in my RRSport and it's seriously impressive, both probably use the same amp/processors if not the same speakers but if correct I could easily tell the difference between the 380w vs 825w.

I thought only the 825w offers full Dolby/Meridian surround processing?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The most easy difference to ear is the spacialization. (With the 380W you can ear the sound coming from the door next to you, that's not the case with the 825W wherever you are seated in the car)

Just be aware that the 380W without Incontrol Touch Pro is clearly a step below the one with ICTP which use digital processing with EQ.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello , I am Alex, from US and ordered my F-pace in December, but I changed my order in January, which will delay my car for three weeks ! What did I changed - sound system- 380 sounds flat , no CD or DVD drive, but major point is - my wife is a professional musicians and when we tested 380 VS 825 even with her "saving mode for money' - she said "NO WAY" , I agree 100% and not make mistake, you will seat in car for a long time and you will hear a sound like from cheap earphones (380), but not like your in a concert hall(825). Sorry, if I said something wrong, but is my feeling

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have the 825w Meridian system in my Evoque right now and I love it - absolutely stunning. So this is what I ordered. But for anyone who isn't a true audiophile, the 380W is perfectly acceptable. Just don't expect symphony surround sound!

·
Registered
453 Posts
YVR_Pacer said:
Side note: does anyone know of an audio track that is really good at showing off the surround capabilities of r the 825W Meridian system? I'd love to really have a "show off" piece!
What kind of music are you in to I have quite a few tracks sound epic in my meridian 820 w system in my freelander , that sound excellent in Dolby surround

Cold play are excellent as a standard

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.